|Go To Muskie Central
Rods - Hosted by Dave Kidd 6/7/00
* ebijack- Please Welcome our host tonight DAVE KIDD...."eyetaker" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* river king- welcome dave
* Dan (MI)- Clap Clap Clap
* eyetaker- thanks
* ebijack- dave, how did you get started with hookhider rods?
* eyetaker- I met the owners of HOOKHIDER at the ASA Icast show in Chicago
* eyetaker- last june
* ebijack- dave, how long before the hookhider rods are available locally
* eyetaker- its one of those products that catch the eye, no pun intended
* ebijack- :)
* eyetaker- Were getting distribution now
* Dan (MI)- Working on that now!!!!!!!!!!
* ebijack- dave, are you using hookerhider rods only? even for trolling
* eyetaker- but they are available direct from the net and from the reps also
* eyetaker- I use HH exclusively
* ebijack- the net? you have a web address
* river king- what makes them a better rod dave
* eyetaker- , i designed a trolling rod for them
* eyetaker- www.hookhider.com
* eyetaker- number one is their strength
* Dan (MI)- Tom I will have a few of them at MWT this weekend if
you'd like to see them
* eyetaker- 2nd is their sensitivity and 3rd of course is their price
* ebijack- are you sponsored by them dan?
* river king- whats the price
* Dan (MI)- I'm working for Dave. Mich. Rep
* eyetaker- yes Dan is sponsored and is our MI rep
* ebijack- are the rods custom made to order?
* eyetaker- no, they are production rods
* ebijack- how about both of you putting up your e-mails for folks to contact you
* eyetaker- email@example.com
* ebijack- what is the average price of rods
* eyetaker- Probably the most important feature is the grip
* ebijack- are the rods IM6 or IM8
* eyetaker- , no other brand can eliminate tangles and snags
* eyetaker- in the carpet and such
* eyetaker- they are both, our Gold series is Im6 and our Pro series is IM8
* ebijack- will the rods handle all cranks?
* eyetaker- all bass and walleye cranks
* ebijack- in the handle that is
* eyetaker- we are not pursuing the big game market at this time
* ebijack- will the rods be available thru cabelas and bass pro in the future?
* eyetaker- yes, most average hook sizes will fit
* eyetaker- To be honest, we aren't sure whether we want to go that route
* ebijack- are the rods available in everything from UL to H action?
* eyetaker- yes we currently have 19 models of IM6 and will have 10 models of IM8
* ebijack- when do the IM8's come out
* eyetaker- in warehouse by months end
* ebijack- dave, do you ship the rods out or do you contact the
manufacture for shipping
* eyetaker- they are shiped from National warehouse Hub
* eyetaker- our rep group does carry a few models with us though :)
* ebijack- dave, do you have catalogs to show at all the tourney's you fish?
* Bill (WI)- I've been using the rod quite a bit also... happy to show
anyone in WI the rods
* eyetaker- yes, I always carry a number of catalogs
* ebijack- what's the average price range dave
* eyetaker- HH is the official rod sponsor of the PTW and Team Walleye circuits
* eyetaker- average for the IM6 is 49.95
* ebijack- what do you like best about your rod bill
* eyetaker- Im8 is 69.95
* ebijack- that's a good price!
* Bill (WI)- The special grip lets you have your rods ready to fish when you get there
* Bill (WI)- You just pull them out of the rod locker with no snagups and go
* Dan (MI)- I like the long foam grip on the planer rod, excellent leverage.
* eyetaker- and the EVA foam stands up to the rod holders
* ebijack- do they come in either foam or cork?
* eyetaker- Trolling series is foam
* eyetaker- spin and cast is cork
* ebijack- how long have you been using them dave
* eyetaker- since last July
* ETT- what's the preferred bouncer rod Dave: length and cost
* eyetaker- the company is only 1 1/2 years old
* ebijack- what's the length added to a normal rod for the hider part
* eyetaker- for bouncers I would choose the 6'6"-7'0 in the med or MH Jim
* eyetaker- about $50.00
* ETT- thanks
* Bill (WI)- Just had tourney on Winnebego, have a guide who wants the rods now also
* eyetaker- no added length , the conversion grip fits over the blank
* ebijack- so a 7th rod is still a 7 ft rod?
* eyetaker- sold several of the guides on Leech last week
* eyetaker- yes
* Bill (WI)- Retail is well below anything comparable and action is great
* eyetaker- depends on bouncer weight Jim
* ebijack- dave, there's also a converstion kit to add hookhider to present rods?
* eyetaker- yes it will work on most blank-through design
* eyetaker- sells for $10
* ETT- how has the customer service been ? Any complaints?
* ebijack- what does that take to convert another rod
* eyetaker- I know of 2 over the past year, I think that says it all
* ETT- guarantee??
* eyetaker- 5 yr limited
* ETT- prorated?
* eyetaker- nope
* ETT- cool
* eyetaker- replacement
* ebijack- dave, are there rods designed for bass fishing as well?
* ebijack- and what about salmon rods
* eyetaker- you have to cut the cork back to expose the blank, then you measure how much blank to cut and then fit the cgrip collar over the blank and glue
* eyetaker- yes ebi, they apply to bass as well
* ebijack- what type of glue is used?
* eyetaker- epoxy
* eyetaker- 2-part
* ebijack- dave, do you know how many guides are on the 6.5ft rods?
* eyetaker- no salmon/steelhead rods as of yet
* eyetaker- now your gonna make me count
* ebijack- but plans are to produce salmon rods?
* ebijack- :)
* ebijack- jump in anytime dan :)\
* eyetaker- sometime, not yet though
* eyetaker- this is amusing
* Dan (MI)- 8 guides on 7ft and 7 o the 6 1/2 ft rods
* eyetaker- there ya go
* ebijack- how does the weight of the rods compare to other rods of equal lengths
* Dan (MI)- My wife and I had a great time getting gills with the 5 1/2 ft ultralights the other day
* eyetaker- lighter than the comparatively priced rods
* eyetaker- slightly heavier than a loomis etc
* ebijack- what are the rod seats made of
* eyetaker- gold stainless reinforced graphite
* eyetaker- the grip is glass-filled nylon
* ebijack- are all the rods the same color
* ebijack- is bill with hookhider too?
* eyetaker- the Im6 are gloss brown and the IM8 are matte dk green
* eyetaker- yep WI rep
* eyetaker- lol
* ebijack- how many reps does hookhider have?
* eyetaker- just our group
* eyetaker- 7 currently
* ebijack- if i ordered rods from dan this week, how long before delivery?
* eyetaker- typically 4 days
* Dan (MI)- Just let me know Tom, and if you have a dealer you
would like to see carry them let me know.
* ebijack- it's tough to buy any rod you can't hold/feel
* Dan (MI)- if you want to look at them meet me at Monroe Fri-Sat-Sun
* ebijack- is that at bolles dan?
* Dan (MI)- Yes
* Dan (MI)- Ok, I'll be the only one there in White Spectrum boat Tan Dodge with cap
* ebijack- how does hookhider plan on getting out to the average fisherperson about these rods?
* eyetaker- we've had excellent response from our ads in Walleye insider and others
* ebijack- how about advertising on walleyecentral and the walleyecentral
* eyetaker- we do
* eyetaker- we have a banner on the products page
* ebijack- ok,..i must have missed it. once i saw the rods at the silverdome show i knew about them
* eyetaker- yeah he got them out to the public a good bit in MI
* ebijack- what other advantages have you found to the rods
* Dan (MI)- Very sensitive especially with Fireline
* ebijack- dave, do you know the modulus numbers?
* eyetaker- apart from eliminating tangles, I am not nearly as concerned about breakage because of their strength and if I should get careless and slam them in a door, they are economical to replace
* eyetaker- 40M - Im6 46M - Im8
* ebijack- any other questions for our host tonight?
* ebijack- I'd like to Thank DAVE KIDD, and DAN and BILL for
* ebijack- clap clap clap
* eyetaker- clap clap lol, thanks guys
* ebijack- thanks guys
* Dan (MI)- Thanks talk to you all later. clap clap clap