: Wally Divers??

Guest 54
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Do you use Wally Divers? Is this a bait I should have? What colors? Your experiences please. I fish MN & WI. Thanks.

Auggie264
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I love pitching wally divers. I especially like the red crawdad, and the pink/purple one. The normal firetiger/blue-chrome are good as well.

Steve B
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Once the water warms a tad (usually about the first week of June here in Ohio), I switch from Shad Raps to Wally divers on inland lakes. They definitely catch the walleyes. My most productive colors are the Perch color (the darker one), silver/black, silver gold, and the red one with a black perch pattern on it.

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
i use wally divers..my favorite ones are the METALIZED PERCH,Chrome Special Blue..ive got every color of wally divers but these 2 are my favorites..

If I even think about fishing, the WALLEYES get nervous."

yep
03-06-2007, 06:17 PM
To quote a walleye champion and PWT contestant, "two cranks you gotta have, shad-raps and wally divers".

eyewinder
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Crappie love 'em, too!

John in Mn
03-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Also looking forward to running the new jointed walley divers this year.

Smitty
03-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Wally Divers have worked well for me at the local lake here in N. Iowa, Mn lakes, and on the Mississippi (RedWing/Pepin). Favorite colors are the perch pattern and here locally the purple's (I'm told they resemble bullheads, which the local lake is full of)..

trollinfool
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
The wally diver is my go to bait on the Mississippi River. The only problem I have is with their eyelet. The eyelet is a screw type. The new lures tend to be loose out of the box and wonít tune very well. The first thing I do is put super glue or a two part epoxy around the eyelet to keep it from moving. Since I started gluing the eyes, I havenít had a bit of problem with them. Iíve had days where the only thing that would work was the small wally diver in silver or gold chrome.

I canít wait to try the new jointed wally diver. A friend started using them last fall and caught a bunch of pike on them. Also noticed they redesigned the eyelet on them. They should be a hot lure this year.

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
i also like the looks of them new double jointed wally divers..i think they will be a hot ticket this year..gotta get stocked up on these has well...

jerry bark
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
one of my fishing buddies has an orange wally diver that catches rock bass like no other lure you ever saw.

we call it the RBK (Rock Bass Killer), it works on walleye too...

buy some,
jerry

sturgeon unlogged
03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Has anybody ever fished with the wally minnows?

I wish the jointed wally diver came in bigger sizes, The lake I fish on the walleye like the larger baits, 4-6 inches. Smelt are the main forage in the lake.

Sturgeon

rks
03-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Nah, they don't work at all. You'll never catch a fish on them. Throw them away. I'll come help you especialy if you have any of the old G-finish ones

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
>Nah, they don't work at all. You'll never catch a fish on
>them. Throw them away. I'll come help you especialy if you
>have any of the old G-finish ones

i wish i could find the G-finish ones.. ebay has a few but not many and they are priecy

Ristorapper
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
More info on the G-finish. What does it mean?

I have plenty of old wally divers. What are they worth??

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
ive seen some g finish on ebay going for about 15.00 to 20.00

rks
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
The G-finish is like a holographic white finish and then they had various colors on the back like blue, chartreuse, Black, and sometimes plain. If you had the package with the model no. the fourth no. would be a G for G-finish. So any that start CD5G?? send to me. The 5 would be the size. Thanks.

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
>Crappie love 'em, too!

yeah ive caught plenty of crappies on them also..caught while trolling for walleyes...

sturgeon
03-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Any pictures? I might have some or my father in law might. I would like to see them

I bait shop here has bunch of older models lying around that I will check.

The have the old Storm thundersticks, wally diver and the junior wally wally divers too.

Sturgeon

tbomn
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I have a bunch of the CD-5's all basecoated up, and ready to airbrush. I was planning on the whites this year, and like what I am hearing. These are sweet little lures, and I have always had great luck with them in the factory colors, but this year I bought a bunch and I am going to make some of my own colors to see if they like them.

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
i had one wally diver it was a g finish perch color.was fishing one day catching walleyes on it till a nothern came buy and grabbed it and cut me off he swallowed the whole thing. i had him buy the boat and all i saw was his mouth open and my lure no where to be seen..id like to find this color.. g finish perch

WALLEYES_ONLY
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
>More info on the G-finish. What does it mean?
>
>I have plenty of old wally divers. What are they worth??

this isnt a wally diver but it is g finish to give you somewhat of an idea..http://cgi.ebay.com/2-nice-Rebel-jointed-Fastrac-G-Finish-minnow-lures_W0QQitemZ300087179933QQcategoryZ108159QQtcZp hotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rks
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Rebel and Cotton Cordell were part of Pradco lures and shared the G-finish. C.C. Shads also once used the G-finish and they are even harder to find and a hot bait for me.

OOC
03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
rks,the CD5G30(chart.back) is available and I'll get you some if you
can't get out.I,also,have some CD6G30.I'd be willing to swap a couple. Let me know.