: Toasty Toes - What boots do you walk on water with?

Crappie Kid
12-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Just curious on your footwear of choice.

I have had Sorel Dominators for the last 15 years and my feet have never been cold or wet.

Last year I bought Sorel Glacier Extremes (A bit taller, very comfortable, and extremely warm):

http://www.eaglesportscenter.com/products/sorel/extreme.htm

Bought them at Zappos.com for $55.

Vex
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Sorel pacs with felt liners and Wiggy's "Sun Walker" inserts. Feet stay warm AND dry in all temps. I've been on the ice, no shanty, for 10-12+ hours at a stretch and the feet are always very comfortable with this setup.

chamookman
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Knee high Moose hide Muk Luks from Stegers, Ely, MN. Check out the web-site. www.mukluks.com - Bob

Jimmy Jig
12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
LeCross, Ice Man boots, best there are.

manitobawalleye
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
have had the same white rubber bunny boots for 15 years
they only see action tree stand hunting
and icefishing
can't say i have ever had cold feet and have been icefishing at 40 below...
got mine from a army surplus store in grand forks
can't see any other boot performing as well
but then again i haven't needed to look for one

manitoba .... a 100,000 lakes
how many walleyes ????
i will never have enough time....

Private Eyes
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
>Just curious on your footwear of choice.
>
>I have had Sorel Dominators for the last 15 years and my feet
>have never been cold or wet.
>
>Last year I bought Sorel Glacier Extremes (A bit taller, very
>comfortable, and extremely warm):
>
>http://www.eaglesportscenter.com/products/sorel/extreme.htm
>
>Bought them at Zappos.com for $55.
>
>

Those look similiar to the sorels I use, I started with Dominators and then switched to the all rubber version that is taller, they are simply the best and I preffer them way over my bunny boots the sorels are cozy and dry but I payed like 110.00 at fleet farm. Also my jiffy sliced the boot side wide open, luckly my toes didnt get docked, LoL but I took a hot glue gun to them and they sealed up like a dream and never leaked! Kinda ugly but a good scar to tell a story to.

eyewinder
12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Most often whatever is handy -- and that's my LaCrosse rubber insulated boots. Easy on and easy off (two buckles at the top; none of that goldarn "ankle-fit" nonsense).

And when temperatures fall below zero, if I just wear a pair of cotton sox, my chilly feet keep me from falling asleep!:duh:

(Actually, I have some minus-100 degree, HD ice walkers for those conditions.)

Opti-Mist
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Either White Mickey Mouse Boots or Cabela's Trans-Alaska.

Seedtree
12-06-2006, 08:56 PM
The military vapor barrier boots (aka "VB boots" or "Mickey Mouse boots"). Never have had cold feet in the many years I have worn them on the ice.

Tight Lines.

DuckCrusher
12-06-2006, 10:12 PM
>The military vapor barrier boots (aka "VB boots" or "Mickey
>Mouse boots"). Never have had cold feet in the many years I
>have worn them on the ice.
>
>Tight Lines.
>

Same here...only wish I could figure a way to fuse them to neoprene waders.

DuckCrusher
12-06-2006, 10:12 PM
>The military vapor barrier boots (aka "VB boots" or "Mickey
>Mouse boots"). Never have had cold feet in the many years I
>have worn them on the ice.
>
>Tight Lines.
>

Same here...only wish I could figure a way to fuse them to neoprene waders.

Crooked Dave
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Sidewinder,
I work in the ski industry during the winter months, and a motto we use is in our ski shop is "Cotton Kills". I would suggest not wearing a sock made out of 100% cotton, as cotton has no wicking properties. Perspiration from you feet will be absorbed by the cotton fibers in your sock and stay next to your skin, thus causing feet to get cold. Use a high quality / meduim to heavy weight synthetic sock (too many good ones to name just one brand)and if you have to layer for additional warmth, do so with another synthetic sock. Too many people I fish with claim their feet get cold easily, and cotton socks is one of the major factors.

One other factor to consider, circulation. If your just sitting, occassionally stand and shake your legs to help the blood flow. wiggling toes every so often will also help. There are several boots out on the market today that will keep feet warm, but without the right sock, the technology of the boot is sacrificed in their performance. Tight lines.