: Lund Laker

fubr0401
03-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about a lund laker? I am looking at buying one but haven't been able to find any information. I have looked for hours and nothing. I mean I can't even find a picture of this boat. If someone could discribe the boat to me, I would appreciate it. BTW it is a 2002 16' tiller.

Fishing Junky
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
what kind of info do you need?

Frieden
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I have a Lund Laker I bought new in 2002. It has a Honda 30 hp on it. I love the boat. It is wide and very stable. Takes waves extremely well. I backtroll for walleyes mostly, either using the Honda when windy, or an electric trolling motor on the transom. It's a "no frills" boat, but very well made. I highly recommend it.

fubr0401
03-09-2009, 07:03 AM
The basic info I guess. How is the interior floor plan laid out. Aluminum bottom or does it have a floor? Carpet/vinyl? Does it have storage/how much. Does it have a livewell? What size motor is best for this boat? Does it have bench seats? Big enough to take out on the big lake? (L Sup.) Really, any help or other info would be great.

Sparkyd
03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
The 2002 1650 Laker Tiller ...16'9" long, 81.5" beam, 79" stern width, 34.5" midship depth,
20" transom, 663 lbs weight, 1350 lbs capacity, 5 persons, 50 hp maximum. It has a flat vinyl floor with a raised deck in the bow with storage under the deck. Seats are bench amidship on each side and also in rear right side listed as 2 side/1 split. Thats from the 2002 catalog. If you want a picture send me your email in a PM and I will try to get you one.

Dave

Frieden
03-09-2009, 09:54 AM
The boat has a full floor, with a raised platform in the bow. All vinyl flooring (at least mine does). Lots of storage under the front floor area, and side compartments. There is no livewell. It's rated for 50 hp, but my 30 Honda pushes it very well. It handles rough water/waves very well. The boat is nearly 17 ft. long and very wide, so it's very stable. I have fished four people in the boat with no problem. It uses the Lund Explorer hull without all the bells & whistles. Hope this helps.

WorkToFish
03-13-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a 14ft laker with a 25hp mercury. Here are my pro's and con's:

Pro's

1) Stable on the lake. I have taken some large wakes from other boats directly on the side and felt very safe.

2) Well equipped with a built in live well, storage, floors, cushions, and nice wood benches.

3) Small enough to fit nicely in my average size garage. Also, very ez to handle with small kids or by myself.

4) Tiller gives lots of room to fish without having the side or dual console in the way.

5) Does not leak. My is a 1997 and is bone dry when I get back from a day on the lake or sound.

6) Relatively inexpensive boat to buy used and operate.

Con's

1) Narrow transom. It's tough to have an extra trolling motor on the back. I have a small electric which is fine...but any larger would be a problem with the main motor and trolling motor too close together.

2) Livewell is a little small. Great for perch, crappie, bluegill...but a little small for walleye and or larger bass.

3) Rear bench is solid all the way across and set a couple feet from the transom. it would be nice to have it back farther giving another foot or two of room in the middle of the boat.

4) No oar locks. I guess I could add them. i would hate to get stuck with a broken motor in the middle of the lake.

5) She's heavy compared to similar smokercrafts and duroboats. Probably why it's very stable though...so it's a give and take.

Overall, I cannot complain about the boat. I use it about 2 times per month on average in the first year of owning it.