: Longview, WA - Columbia River

Hawgeye
08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I am the proud parent of one of the 15 year old Midwest Plains Regional Babe Ruth Champions from West Fargo ND. His team has just qualified for the World Series to be held in Longview WA on August 21st through the 28th. WHile there I am interested in doing some fishing. Anyone have any recommendations? I won't be able to bring any fishing gear as I will be flying out and travelling light.

This apparently is on the columbia river, home of some pretty famous fishing....

RDJ
08-11-2009, 09:25 AM
hawgeye, send me a pm if you are interested in a day with a guide fishing for Columbia river walleye. I know a couple who work out of the Portland area and would be happy to set you up with some contact info if you like.

karpbuster
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Congrats Hawgeye, very cool.

karpbuster

brown24
08-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I live in longview and there are guide services here in longview and also on the cowlitz river is hot right now for steelhead and salmon should be starting their run anyday. If i was u though i would go down to astoria right off the coast and go around right in the mouth of the columbia get those big fresh salmon great fishing only about a 45 minute drive

Hawgeye
08-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Brown24 and RDJ, Thanks for the info. Brown24, I'll be there from August 20th through possibly the 28th. Although I am a diehard walleye guy, I would love to catch some Salmon or Steelhead. When do you expect to see them in the river?

If you are around on Friday night for baseball, I'll be cheering for the Green and White "WF" team. My boy is #22. I have Saturday and Sunday off until 7:30 Sunday night so i intend to do some sight-seeing or fishing.

We went 5-1 in the Midwest Plains Regional Tournament. Our boys "10 runned" all five of their victories. We lost one game to Minnetonka 5-2 (stranding 15 base runners) who had an amazing pitcher named Behounek. Otherwise we marched through. We won the MPR Championship for the 3rd straight year!! World Series played in Purcelville VA, Quincy MA, and now Longview WA. Can't wait to visit your beautiful area.

we played teams from:

Minnesota - Minnetonka
Iowa - Iowa City
North Dakota - Bismarck
Nebraska -
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas