: Basspro 100 mph goretex rainsuit leaking!?

Thembonez
11-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Anyone else have the bass pro 100mph goretex suit and notice how your backside gets wet when sitting in the rain. Even with the storm flap down. I've even noticed my legs were getting damp as well!?

Juls
11-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Anyone else have the bass pro 100mph goretex suit and notice how your backside gets wet when sitting in the rain. Even with the storm flap down. I've even noticed my legs were getting damp as well!?

Mine does the same thing....disappointing to say the least! Especially when one spends that much money on it.

I wear my guidewear all the time now and the 100mph suit gets used by friends who forget their's on rainy days. :p

Juls

nicknight
11-20-2010, 06:46 PM
After Washing or time the water repellency of Gortex goes away.

Wash in and spray on treatments specific to Gortex are available. make sure to read the instructions twice because some are not clear.

nn

REW
11-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Therm,
Your post is exactly the reason that many folks including my self use bibs that are not goretex, but 100% waterproof as well as 100% wind and rain proof. No, they don't breathe, but for slacks or bibs, and as long as you are not really running around, the fact that tie bibs don't breathe is not a big issue. It is a big issue on the parka part of the rain suit.

But, for those days when you are out in long time heavy rain, and or are sitting for hours on a seat, that has running water running down it, it is tough to stay dry in goretex bibs. But no issue at all with 100% waterproof non breathable fabric.

Take care
REW

gregk9
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
maybe it just needs a washing:

"The most effective way to maintain your Gore garment's water and stain repellency is to wash it, rinse it, and put it in your dryer. Keep it clean!"

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/customer-service/faq/4

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/care-center/restoring-water-repellency

vteye
11-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Goretex is a great product for many applications but heavy steady rain is not one of the them.

Manxfishing
11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Gortex is what it is

If your after a solution it would be
Buy a can of silicone spray (I myself like the camp dry)
I spray the rain gear twice a year or as needed. Make the water bead off of the rain gear.
(just like a nicley waxed car)

I also have a spare baseball cap that I spray as well
Keeps the cap nice and dry if I don't have the hood up.

Juls
11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Well, if that's all true, then why does my Guidewear not leak? It's Gortex and as old as my 100mph suit, and has been washed two or three times with no treatments added.

The BPS suit has been worn much less and never washed......butt gets wet...hmmmmm?

Doesn't really make sense to me.

Juls

stevefellegy
11-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Goretex is a great product for many applications but heavy steady rain is not one of the them.

as in my experience, after wearing several high buck rainsuits that sponsors gave me, I have never had one keep me dry after one season of use. Based on my experience, which might be skewed because I put more hours in adverse conditions than most in one year, I would not spend my own $$ on a Gortex suit. For that matter, my Frog Toggs keep me dryer......but nothing is close to, as REW states here, rubberized water proof suits.

buck snort
11-21-2010, 10:13 AM

My Cabela's GuideWear doesn't leak. I've had it for 8 years.

PackerBacker
11-21-2010, 10:27 AM
No leaks on my Guidewear...