: People PC Online,Netscape,Netzero ?

Driftr
03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Howdy,
Has anyone had experience with these dial-up internet service providers? I would like to hear good and bad.

Thanks
Driftr

5Alive
03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Have Netzero because my house is in the boondocks (no cable) It's okay for dialup. Seems lately we're getting kicked off the net more with more people using it. Looked into Netscape but there is no local dialup number so you will be using a long distance number to access. It's cheaper and that's why. A good friend who has used different dial-ups claims Netzero is the best, so that's what I use. Best I can tell ya.

IOWA RIVERRAT
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
I JUST WENT TO NETSCAPE AND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY FORMER INTERNET PROVIDER AS 5ALIVE DID. ITS STILL DIALUP. HAVE YOU CHECKED INTO SATALITE OR WIRELESS IN YOUR AREA RUNS ABOUT 40.00 TO 50.00 DOLLARS A MONTH.

Driftr
03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
IOWA RIVERRAT,
I too live way out in the boonies. We just got cable tv a few months ago but I don't want to spend $40 a month for the ISP they offer. It is more realisitic to have the dial up for $15 a month. Thanks for your reply.
Driftr

MLD
03-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I had Net Zero for quite a while, worked fine, no complaints, and it was only $10 a month.

Mike