: Cooper tires or BF Goodrich for 4x4 Truck?

Tire Hunting
03-01-2008, 06:39 PM
What ones best for off road / winter conditions?

Tire Hunting
03-01-2008, 06:39 PM
What ones best for off road / winter conditions?

wiggle
03-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I have a 2003 Chevy 2500HD. I am on my 4th set of tires. I do snowplowing. So, I have tried different brands each time trying to find which is best for traction on snow/ice. I have used BFGoodrich All Terrain TA tires, they were OK. This last set that I put on in the fall are Cooper Discoverer ATR tires. They are the best I have tried to date. For traction! I can't remember the other 2 brands that I have tried, but they weren't impressive. All 4 only lasted 25,000-30,000miles. Brand did not seem to matter on mileage.
Hope that helps......Brad

Steve B
03-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I had Goodrich tires on two different trucks. Both sets wore unevenly and developed cups and bumps even though they were rotated every 5000 miles. They also developed cups and bumps when they were kept at the proper inflation. The last set only lasted 30,000 miles. I switched to Coopers last time, and have been happy with them so far.

Dacotah Eye
03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I have Cooper ATR tires on my F250. This is my second set of Cooper tires on this truck and I'm very satisfied.

GO DOG
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I have Coopers on my 3/4 ton diesel, very happy with them.

Jeepman
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I now run Cooper ATRs and would rate them the best set of tires I have run on my '98 Chevy 4 X 4. Their ride is smoother and their snow and water traction(virtually no hydroplaning) is outstanding compared to the Bridgetone Dueler and the GoodYear Wranger sets I ran previous to the Coopers.

Tire Hunting
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks a lot, I do currently have B F Goodrich and was not really impressed with them either due to uneven wear and very jerky even after balancing and rotating on a regular basis. I bought them because they are suppose to be world class winners? I think I will give the Coopers a shot also Fleet Farm stocks them and that is where I get my oil done so that is great. I was considering the discoverer stt or st.

KHedquist
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Have you checked out Tire Rack .com, they have a tire comparison feature

NPAA # 292 All fisherman are liers except for me and you, and I'm not so sure about you?
<'{{^}}< http://www.walleyecentral.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=106750

Tires
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Cooper ATR's are a good tire!

v-bay gord
03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I have Cooper Discoverer M&S tires on my Tacoma....they are also studded so strictly a winter set of tires. They are excellent.

Dan Tonak
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I have run Cooper tires for several years and have always been very satisfied. As others have stated the Cooper Discoverer ATR is a great tire. I had a set on my Suburban and they finally wore out- according to the tire dealer, they had over 63,000 miles on them. This dealer records the vehicle mileage when they put the tires on for warranty purposes, so he checked back in my account file to see when they were installed (so I know his numbers are right). I was impressed- I've never had any other brand tire come close to that for mileage. Compared to my last set, Cooper changed the tread design slightly by adding a center rib that is supposed to increase the mileage.

Dan Tonak

fishunter70
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
What tire are you talking about in the BFG line up. They have 2 different set of tires.

The BFG all/terrian TA/KO are the best tire I have run on my 1ton DODGE diesel trucks. I had the trail/ta and the rugged trial/ta which were both junk tires. The side walls split and would wear and cup as mentioned before. When I put all/terrian/ko tires on it was night and day differance. My personal vote go's to BFG all/terrian/KO with out a dought. I haul heavy loads and pull heavy trailers in all seasons up here in Mich and have had no problems at all.

fishunter70
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
What tire are you talking about in the BFG line up. They have 2 different set of tires.

The BFG all/terrian TA/KO are the best tire I have run on my 1ton DODGE diesel trucks. I had the trail/ta and the rugged trial/ta which were both junk tires. The side walls split and would wear and cup as mentioned before. When I put all/terrian/ko tires on it was night and day differance. My personal vote go's to BFG all/terrian/KO with out a dought. I haul heavy loads and pull heavy trailers in all seasons up here in Mich and have had no problems at all.

Limiterr
03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I agree. These are the tires I run on my truck. I live in NW Ontario and spend a lot of time in the bush in a working truck. They also carry the DOT extreme snow label. Very few tires carry this. We are in the cold a lot longer than the warm up here and these tires work for me.