: St. Lukes Bay Ontario report.

Walleye Express
02-24-2004, 09:00 PM
[b]Just got back from Ontario and a day spent on St.Lukes Bay, Lake St.Claire. We drove down this morning and fished till 4:30 this afternoon. Caught what I can only discribe as Monster Perch. I personally caught 39 with 8 over 13 inches, and none under 9. Driving out the 5.67 miles in our 4 wheelers was a piece of cake. No cracks, no snow, thick ice and little to no rough spopts anywhere.

Best bait was a simple Crappie rig with small live minnows. Only shocker was the $61.00 dollars for an anual Canadian license, $10.00 for 4 dozen minnows and $3.50 fo 18 wax worms. Actually best deal if you went back more than twice, as the 7 day is $39.00. All in all we had a ball. I'm thinking us 5 guys iced about 150 perch and many real wall hangers if a man was so inclined to mount a perch.

I'm posting a couple pictures of our trip today on my photo gallery. Sure is nice to add a decent report for a change, even if it isn't about my home waters of Saginaw Bay. :D

walleyedreaming
02-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Dan know what you mean by monster perch I got talked into going to lake simco last weekend and we got some really nice ones. Saturday was a bust due to white out conditions so I only got 13 but sunday I caught 27 real nice perch with a couple over 13 inches. I won't go back enless I have at least 3-4 days as I was one tired puppy from all the driving. Sorry no pics but like a dummy I didn't load a disk in my camera before I left....Jimmy

Walleye Express
02-25-2004, 09:04 AM
>Dan know what you mean by monster perch I got talked into
>going to lake simco last weekend and we got some really nice
>ones. Saturday was a bust due to white out conditions so I
>only got 13 but sunday I caught 27 real nice perch with a
>couple over 13 inches. I won't go back enless I have at least
>3-4 days as I was one tired puppy from all the driving. Sorry
>no pics but like a dummy I didn't load a disk in my camera
>before I left....Jimmy

[b]No need for pictures Jimmy.

Some guys I just naturally believe when they tell me how they did, your one of them. On the other hand being I spread a lot of fishing news via reports, I've found pictures to be the best method of silencing (SOME) guys who would call me a liar. :D

Walleye Express
02-25-2004, 09:04 AM
>Dan know what you mean by monster perch I got talked into
>going to lake simco last weekend and we got some really nice
>ones. Saturday was a bust due to white out conditions so I
>only got 13 but sunday I caught 27 real nice perch with a
>couple over 13 inches. I won't go back enless I have at least
>3-4 days as I was one tired puppy from all the driving. Sorry
>no pics but like a dummy I didn't load a disk in my camera
>before I left....Jimmy

[b]No need for pictures Jimmy.

Some guys I just naturally believe when they tell me how they did, your one of them. On the other hand being I spread a lot of fishing news via reports, I've found pictures to be the best method of silencing (SOME) guys who would call me a liar. :D

RHLSnoopy
02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Dan you will have to come down to Vermillion Ohio in the fall around Oct. or Nov. We catch perch like that all the time. One day we caught 180 perch in 2 1/2 hrs. and did not keep any under 9 in. six fisherman 30 perch limit. If you want to come down contact me if I can not take you out I will make arrangement for you. By the way Keith moves his boat down there after he come back from Point Breeze Lake Ontario from Salmon fishing for perch fishing.

RHLSnoopy
02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Dan you will have to come down to Vermillion Ohio in the fall around Oct. or Nov. We catch perch like that all the time. One day we caught 180 perch in 2 1/2 hrs. and did not keep any under 9 in. six fisherman 30 perch limit. If you want to come down contact me if I can not take you out I will make arrangement for you. By the way Keith moves his boat down there after he come back from Point Breeze Lake Ontario from Salmon fishing for perch fishing.

Walleye Express
02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
> Dan you will have to come down to Vermillion Ohio in the
>fall around Oct. or Nov. We catch perch like that all the
>time. One day we caught 180 perch in 2 1/2 hrs. and did not
>keep any under 9 in. six fisherman 30 perch limit. If you want
>to come down contact me if I can not take you out I will make
>arrangement for you. By the way Keith moves his boat down
>there after he come back from Point Breeze Lake Ontario from
>Salmon fishing for perch fishing.

[b]Uncle Bob.

Why don't I just come down a day or two early for the WC get together next year for that specific reason? You and I have to wet a line together before either one of us dies first. :D

Walleye Express
02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
> Dan you will have to come down to Vermillion Ohio in the
>fall around Oct. or Nov. We catch perch like that all the
>time. One day we caught 180 perch in 2 1/2 hrs. and did not
>keep any under 9 in. six fisherman 30 perch limit. If you want
>to come down contact me if I can not take you out I will make
>arrangement for you. By the way Keith moves his boat down
>there after he come back from Point Breeze Lake Ontario from
>Salmon fishing for perch fishing.

[b]Uncle Bob.

Why don't I just come down a day or two early for the WC get together next year for that specific reason? You and I have to wet a line together before either one of us dies first. :D

RHLSnoopy
02-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Dan I hope we can get together. The 9th. I had a rotater cuff surgery 4th.time same shoulder, I hope this is the last time. May 4th. I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon for back surgery, lumabr spondylosis. I hope this comes out Ok. I will let you know how I make out.

Walleye Express
02-26-2004, 11:53 AM
> Dan I hope we can get together. The 9th. I had a rotater
>cuff surgery 4th.time same shoulder, I hope this is the last
>time. May 4th. I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon for
>back surgery, lumabr spondylosis. I hope this comes out Ok. I
>will let you know how I make out.

[b]So thats the blood line where I inherited my shoulder problems from. I've had 3 rotator cuff surgeries, with two on the same shoulder. Try and get all your pieces working at the same time and we'll do some fishing for something this year. :D