: Cabelas bait and switch!

jimbo2
05-04-2001, 04:37 AM
My dear wife bought me a humminbird 300TX for my birthday from cabelas. The catalog stated that when you placed you order before May 1 (she did)you recieved in addition to the unit, a rebate of $40, a soft sided tackle box and a certificate for a speed/temp unit to mail in. She recieved so far the depth finder. Thats it, the $40 rebate is now $40 off the next order and the tackle box is "back ordered" (real B.S), and a "computer glitch" caused the certificate to be omitted!!! (There is a sticker on the box that says it included, don't give me that!!!)
Now, I don't care what you think of humminbird or any of that, but this is B.S.
On top of all this they said the certificates were in the mail over a week ago!!! You know "the checks in the mail".
Worst of all when you call, they act like they could care less!!
They have seen my last order!!!

Juls_WI
05-04-2001, 04:53 AM
I'll betcha if you send a certified letter to the president of the company, he will have it taken care of in no time. Sending a certified letter directly to him, means that he has to sign for it, and you know he got it, and not some peon in the company.
No president of a retail store is going to let a customer go over something like this. He can't be everywhere, so he depends on his employees. When they screw up, it's up to us to make sure it gets handled correctly. It shouldn't have to be that way, but it is sometimes. Go to the top and get it taken care of. I'm sure he would like to know why his customer isn't happy.

Just an idea...

Juls

Butch
05-04-2001, 05:13 AM
Good idea Juls!

I have had nothing but great service any time I have dealt with
Cabela's! I have gone up the ladder. (well, to Mr. Cabela's asst.)on a issue already. A letter must(!) be addressed by them.
(Normally by someone in a higher position then a phone rep.)

Good Luck!
B2

See ya on the water!

pAULh
05-04-2001, 08:10 AM
Ask for customer service - THEN - ask for a supervisor, believe me - you will get results.

Been there - done that and ALWAYS satisfied.

Just bought $2K worth of Pinpoint - saw on the web page it listed a motor mount extension as free. Well as it turns out it wasn't exactly listed for my model - but it was rather confusing. A couple phone calls - two seperate return calls and two days later - they are snding me one (140$$$ worth)

My experience is they run a VERY good operation. Just ordered another 600 last night. I did have a direct number for service - but lost it - sorry....

BTW - I had just received a 40 $ off coupon on any order - 20 off or 40 off depending on how much you buy...

This should help.
05-04-2001, 11:51 AM
The name of the person who is in charge of customer service is a Mr. Ron Spath, also Jim Cabela checks all customer coplaints personally, I know I used to work there, but not in customer service. This should get you going in the right direction and should put a end to your problems.

Address:
One Cabela Drive
Sidney, NE 69160

Bart
05-04-2001, 12:11 PM
I use cabela's alot and I recently ordered a set of trailer guide-ons. Well a part fell out of the box before I got it so I called them up and 2 days later I got that part in the mail. Then about a week later I got a whole new set of guide-ons no charge in the mail. So from this experience and a few others I've discovered that they practically fall over themselves trying to please this customer, and they have!

Harry
05-04-2001, 12:21 PM
Jimbo2,

I agree with the posts. I have always had great customer service from Cabela's. Be a little persistent and contact the suggested parties and they'll take good care of you.

PWaldow123
05-04-2001, 06:43 PM
I received the same coupon. I believe it went to any customer who has ordered anything off of there web site.

McFish
05-04-2001, 08:05 PM
Cabelas has been great with me also, but now I've got to find out why I only received a $10 or $20 coupon, while others are receiving $20 or $40 coupons.

terry
05-04-2001, 08:58 PM
I bought many items from Cabelas in the past and received their catalogues like clock work. When I ONCE returned an item that had been obviously used, the catalogues stopped and when I called to place new order it was has if they had never heard of me. I now shop around to ALL the other outdoor stores.