: I need a Hi-5 prop

Glen
06-28-2001, 12:57 PM
Looking for a S.S. High Five Mercury Prop. in 21 pitch. I'am not worry about top end just handling. Where is the best place to buy one and price? If anyone has one for sale, I might consider if's in great shape....Thanks Glen

Stan
06-28-2001, 03:30 PM
Jaco's Marine has good prices and deliver quickly. Just bought a Tempest Plus from them.

www.jacosmarine.com

931-762-6710

T. Moe
06-28-2001, 06:25 PM
I just traded in a Merc 115 with a Hi-5 on it. Since used motors rarely have a perfect match anymore with the prop you may want to call Olympic Boat Center at Minong, WI for a quote. They might be eager to get the prop out of there. (I don't recal the pitch, however.) Good luck... and ask for Doyle Brown 1-800-435-9309.

Box
06-28-2001, 07:11 PM
In the back of Bass and Walleye Boats mag there is one dealer, don't have it handy now, who had Hi-5's for under $500. That is a pretty good deal.

I have a 21" hi-5, but my brother would kill me if I sold it :) We like it a lot, as handling means more than speed to us these days.

Good luck,
Box

RR
06-29-2001, 02:55 AM
Glen,
I have a SS Hi-5 prop I would sell but it is a 23 pitch. If interested for more info.e-mail me back.
Thanks,
RR

miksup
06-29-2001, 10:23 AM
Find a Reynolds Performance Marine ad in the B&WB magazine. You'll probably have it delivered to your door for around $400.

Eyecon
06-29-2001, 02:37 PM
Try Formula Propeller,they have a couple used ones.They will let you try before you buy.Good luck.

daren thorsell
06-29-2001, 06:43 PM
i have one that fits v6 mercs.it is a 23 pitch and is in perfect condition.call 701 343 2817.

Glen
06-30-2001, 12:13 AM
Thanks Guy's, But I really need a 21 pitch if I can find one. I called Reynolds Performance Marine but they don't carry the Mercury High Five. I have a Mercury Offshore series (same as Trophy Plus but with large hub)21 pitch that I got from the dealer that I'am trying out now. I'll keep looking for that Hi-5 21, just hate to pay that top dollar....Thanks Glen

Dale Knapp
07-04-2001, 09:04 PM
I have a Hi-5 21 pitch prop for the bigger Merc V-6's and Merc alpha and bravo sterndrives. It is in good used condition, the leading edge has some tiny nicks, about 1/64 to maybe 1/32 inch, everything else is nicely polished. I have photos I can send you. The prop may have been rebuilt, there are some numbers stamped on the hub. I am looking for $290 and I will pay the postage. If interested email me back and I will get you my phone # etc. dkmpdlaw@msn.com

Dale Knapp
07-04-2001, 09:11 PM
I have a Hi-5 21 pitch prop and no motor to go with it. It is used and in good condition. The leading edge has some tiny nicks in it, 1/64 to 1/32 inch, othewise no scrapes or dings anywhere. I am looking for $290 and I will pay shipping. The prop might have been rebuilt as it has some numbers stamped on the hub. I have photo's. If interested Email me and I will get you my phone number or get me yours and I can call you. Central Wisconsin. dkmpdlaw@msn.com

KevinA
07-05-2001, 07:48 AM
Glen,

Not my business, nor my money, but if you're as new to setting up a boat as you say, and your motor is mounted on the top hole now(lowest position?), then going with a 21P Hi Five could(likely will) be just another stepping stone on your way to the right setup. You'd be money & performance ahead by working directly with a custom prop shop. If you don't want to buy a new prop then a custom shop is even a better option...just talk to him(tell him the performance you have now & what you want), get an idea of the starting prop you'll need, find a used one, and have the shop make it do what you need it to do. You'll net out a little under what a new (stock) prop would cost and have a custom wheel that will make your boat do what you want it to do. If you need a reference of a guy to work with let me know. I'd guess you'd start with a LaserII, or maybe a Trophy, and go from there. A little added cup here, some rake there, and sharpening the leading edge and you'll be done & have a prop that'll perform better than any stock wheel. Most all custom shops will continue to work with you until your happy with the wheel & this is part of the orginal deal, no extra cash. Lasers & Trophys are easy to find on the used market...usually around $250.