: FISHER Boats - another one cracked

Jake
05-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I have read the bad posts about fisher boats cracking but never added my opinion. I have a 19ft avenger and this is the 2nd that has cracked on me. Fisher replaced my boat last time but only after I had to get a lawyer involved and now here we go again.

05-19-2003, 01:19 PM
not to bash fisher but i had a 2001 19 avenger and the best and most happiest day is when i got rid of it in 3 months. i had a leak in mine that was never quite fixed to perfection. so i dumped it like a bag of counterfit money. lol now im worry free of my new rig for now lol

Opti
05-19-2003, 07:59 PM
You get what you pay for. You can only hope you get second chance to sell this one...

Adam
05-20-2003, 07:26 AM
I will say one thing for Lund, the hulls are very strong. Maybe some other things aren't so good, but the hulls have tons of rivets.

Adam.

Kelly Wisc
05-20-2003, 07:53 AM
My local Fisher dealer told me that they fired all the factory Rep's. The Tracker Reps are now doing double duty and handling both lines. Times must be tough at Fisher! I hope the Tracker Tundra's don't crack, I'm looking at buying one. They seem like a nice boat but I'm a little hesitant with all the horror stories.

Rapala Paul
05-20-2003, 04:18 PM
I feel your pain i had a 2000 17 pro avenger crack on me had the boat after 4 months and the paint was falling off after a year and a half and 3 dealers 2 that have gone out of buss. I got a new boat I demanded that i got a tracker boat told then i did not want the same hull design that cracked on my old boat. they gave me a 2003 tracker targa 17 wt and trailer nice boat will see if this one is will hold up . Tracker marine has to have the worst staff i have ever delt with had to call them 2 times a week to keep the ball rolling they could care less about you had to get a laywer. I even tried to call Mr. jonnny morris. They have to be the rudest peolpe in the marine industry. Sandy Hamly and Mellisa Hoffman were the worst!!!!!!!! Sorry just venting a year and a half of boat payments that i lost. If i had to do it all over again i would have kept my 1979 lund pike t best boat i ever owned

Runner
05-21-2003, 02:36 AM
Where are these boats cracking? I have an 02 Pro Avenger 160. I love the boat, had it in 3 foot waves last weekend, handled great. I just want to keep an eye on mine, knowing where to look or what to expect would help. The dealer I bought mine from doesn't sell them anymore. Closest dealer is now 4 1/2 hrs away, just great!

Jake
05-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Both of my Fishers cracked towards the bow on the internal welds. Fishers lifetime warranty only covers external welds. Imagine that!!!

They are JUNK!!!!! I will agree also they have the worst customer service.

TJ.
05-21-2003, 05:35 AM
WOW, I posted a week or two ago about a 1750 Hawk I was thinking of Buying. The Price was right but after reading some responses here about Fisher I am glad I passed on the rig. Now this pops up and I am really glad I did not buy it. Going to wait untill this winter to order a new boat. Not sure what kind yet. Thanks Guys.

Runner
05-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Could you see the cracked welds from the outside? Was it leaking and you had to dig through the bottom of the boat. I really like my boat, but, I'm having doubts now with not having a close dealer and you guy's having problems.

Rapala Paul
05-21-2003, 07:36 PM
my boat started with one small crack on the out side left front then it turned in to 7 cracks and a hole i could put my finger in when on eof the dealers went out of buss i had to take my own pictures to send to the factory rep I tried to fell the boat with water with 2 garden hoses the water was comming out faster then i could put it in . If i was you i would sell it as fast as you can i talked to over ten people just in the state of mich. With the same problem.If any one would like to see the 15 second video of the boat leaking i can send you it

King Fish
05-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Let me get this straight, Boats are cracking all around you fisher...tracker....tahoe....AND you are still thinking about buying one?!!!! I got a better idea. Take your money ball it up and throw it in the lake. Why is everybody so quick to tread lightly around the tracker lineup? the boats are junk always have been always will be. end of sentence.

FshnFnatic
05-22-2003, 05:59 PM
How many posts have you seen about a Lund leaking? Nuff said.FNF

JawedUp
05-23-2003, 02:46 PM
I also went thru the Tracker Nightmare. 1 year of payments with no boat and five holes in the hull (welded). Sent it back to the factory, they fixed it according to "their satisfaction". Had a couple of blobs of weld on the outside of the hull. Looked like crap!! They told me "that was the way they fixed them and they were not going to give me a new one. If they gave everybody a new boat that had problems with them they would be out of business". Well duh, it is because they sell such crappy boats. If they had to replace all their defects and actually take care of their customers, they WOULD have to go out of business. Tracker is about QUANTITY, NOT quality. My motto is "If it don't leak, it ain't a Tracker.

Runner
05-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Is there any satisfied owners of Tracker or Fisher boats? THey all can't be bad!

perchjerker
05-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Runner, I have friends who have trackers, and they like them.

If you want to see something interesting, go to the USCG recall database.

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/recalls_database.htm

Type a few brands in the company space. Lund has very few, same with most of the big names.

Then type in Tracker. You tell me what you find.

tcbetka
05-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Wow, what a good reference. I was surprised to see how few Alumacraft had; less than Lund. Then Tracker has 2 pages...ouch!

Also checked out Godfrey Marine, and saw they had a problem with fuel filler fittings cracking on some models in the mid 90's. It's definitely something I will question the factory on; 'before' ordering.

Cool link. Thanks!!!

TB

Lets be fair
05-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Fisher had two recalls and Lund had three. Each had one that had to do with OEM suppliers not the construction of the boat. Based on this though Lund is junk, right?

perchjerker
05-24-2003, 05:21 AM
Actually, the fuel fitting recall was from the supplier or the part, it affected many manufacturers. I remember when that was going around. It was big news at the time.

Runner
05-24-2003, 05:23 AM
perchjerker, great reference! Definitely interesting. I know my boat was built by Tracker, but, it didn't have many recalls. I wonder if it is built a little different. I crawled under my boat the other day and everything looks good. Of the guy's having troubles, nobody has stated their conditions. Are they out hammering 4 foot waves all the time, trailering 50 miles of backcountry roads. Staying on highways and calm water and having these problems. I have seen alot of boats going down the rode just packed full of extra gear! I don't believe they are made for that. I'm going to keep an eye on my boat I always take great care of my stuff. If anything happens I'll have to duke it out then. I can't sell it and come out right and go look for another boat. I bought this boat because I thought I was getting the best boat for the money I had. I can't afford the money for a lund, maybe someday, but not now.

tcbetka
05-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Who said Lund was junk!?!?! They are just a bit overpriced, in my humble opinion. A fine boat otherwise...

I was just surprised to see Alumacraft had fewer (2) reports than Lund (3). From reading these though, I would consider the two to be equal from that standpoint.

TB

tcbetka
05-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Thats good to know... It was several years ago (according to the reports), so I would not think it would still be a problem.

I was happy to see that Godfrey Marine didn't have any structural concerns listed. There are quite a few being used along the east coast of Florida, from what the guides were telling me last week. If there were any problems with them, I would think these guys would have heard about it. They both have clients that own them; and have each guided from them.

TB

Husky
05-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Right, the fitting was made of a plastic material and had problems breaking when the gas fill spout was inserted into the neck of the filler . The weight/handling while refueling caused cracks and resulted in a hazardous condition. ( i think these were Attwood fillers, but I am not certain ) Anyway, the manufacturer replaced all the fittings on all boats where they were used. If I remember, the manufacturer of the fittings stepped up to the late and took care of it very openly and quickly--didnt have to be prodded and forced. Have to admit, they acted very responsibly.

Husky
05-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Runner,

I would not worry about the proximity of the nearest dealer. The individual dealers have not been where people have stated their problems arose, it the factory and their follow through that is the source of everyone's frustrations.

I hope your boat incurrs no problems whatsoever.

Regards,

fishandhunt1
05-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Yes I have to agree with Runner if these guys are beating there boats to death on 4 footers and rough roads with a roller trailer I can see why they are having problems and as far as perchjerkers info {I have not read yet} you have to take into consideration the number of boats each company has on the water. Does Tracker and Fisher have more boats on the water then Lund and Alumacraft? I do not know. I just traded for a Fisher this winter and so far so good. I really like it. I traded a Leaking Lund for it. Dont get me wrong the Lund was a pretty nice boat also but it did have a bad leaking problem that I and my dealer faught for 3 years. I traded because of this reason. Sure the boat was a 1993 model but it did wear out a couple Bilge pumps!!!!!I wanted another Lund but they are way overpriced for the wages I make so I guess I did settle for maybe a lesser boat but guess what it is paid for and I dont have them monthly boat payments for the next 5-8 years just so I could say I owned a Lund or Alumacraft!!!! I think some of these boats that have a cracking problem may be running roller trailers and that could be the start of there problems!!!!I have a bunk trailer now and that is the easiest loading boat trailer I have ever had. This thing beats a Shorelander or an EzLoader roller trailers hands down. I dont think I will ever buy another roller trailer!!!!Good Luck to all of ya people having the cracking problems. At present I can not say 1 bad thing of Fisher cuz I have had no problems with Boat, Trailer, or dealer all on the up and up !!!!!!!!!!

Murfa
05-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Runner,
I have a '94 Tracker Magna 17. I think they made this boat before all of the problems because it is solid and has been solid since I bought it in '97. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. Murfa

Husky
05-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Had a '97 Fisher aluminum. Boat was babied. Welds broke, repaired by factory, and broke again. Boat trailered on 4 bunk trailer on paved roads only 7 miles to lake. Cant say this boat was used hard or abused.

Runner
05-25-2003, 04:11 AM
This has been an interesting thread. Learned some things, and some things have made me nervous. I guess all boats will have their problems. Lets just hope the manufacturer's step up if we have a problem. Maybe Fisher fired all those people because they were having problems and now are working to fix customer satisfaction. Thanks to everybody for their input. If your ever fishing by Gaylord, Mi give me a holler.

shlep
05-25-2003, 05:53 AM
lowest price is not always the best value!!!

Bad boy
05-27-2003, 06:25 AM
From what I have heard from current and previous Fisher owners is that Fisher is not standing behind these boats. They no longer make a 19ft boat because of these problems. What about the boats still out there?? How can you sell this boat to someone else and sleep at night?

05-29-2003, 08:15 PM
fisher stands for.....For Insecure Suppliers Having Every Repair problem lol sorry but ill never own or allow a person to try and venture towards that boat line .

Tom P
05-30-2003, 03:43 AM
What I don't get, is this seems to be an on going problem and a real problem.Why would you ( johnny morris) not just go to the main problem areas and redesign them and reinforce them and then charge another couple hundred bucks for them and be done with it. They are so big, with a ton of money coming from other very successful marine companies. WHY make a sub-standard boat with those problems build into the design. How could a guy that has such a big conglomerate of marine companies be so stupid ?