Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gullrock (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188704)

WallerChief 12-16-2011 05:22 PM

Gullrock

Considering Gullrock for the first time this year. Would love to hear some recommendations on camps, fishing pointers, success stories, etc.

Thanks in advance!

luv2fishcanada 12-17-2011 12:45 PM

RE:Gullrock

I have fished Gullrock since 1981. Ontario has done a great job since then managing their resources. Gullrock provides both quality fish and quantity. Our group has always gone in early June. We have always gone to what is now called Golden Hook Camp. The owners have been there 15+ years and run a good clean camp. They have both modern and semi modern cabins that are maintained quite well. The road is in good shape now getting to Gullrock and the road into Golden Hook is a couple blocks of the blacktop.

Hope this helps

GWC 12-18-2011 05:17 AM

Gullrock

I've have been going to Gullrock for several years & I like Poplar Point Resort. Good equipment, excellent service & great host. We've always had good luck fishing the lake & have taken some nice fish.

tackleman 12-18-2011 04:27 PM

any of the resorts on gullrock are good, the owners are very easy going and will do anything to make your stay a great one.

you have a choice of Golden Hook camp, Procyks Anglers (something), poplar point, 5 lakes lodge, south bay on gullrock, and wrights wilderness camp.

i'm sure if you google any of these you'll get all the information you want.

as far as fishing, lots of walleye, lots of pike, some perch, some whitefish, the odd lake trout is caught every year (they come down the river from Red Lake and it is strictly a Catch and Release item). if you can't catch a fish on gullrock, you can't catch a fish anywhere.

you won't regret the gullrock experience.

Fishin Fun 12-19-2011 12:20 PM

I've been fishing Gullrock for god knows how many years. I absolutely love it. It's not too big, but definately big enough to catch really nice fish. I've been staying at Southbay for many years and like it, but I've heard many good things about the other resorts on the lake too. So I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. You won't regret fishing Gullrock. I know I havn't. Matter of fact, I don't really fish anywhere else!

johnboat 12-19-2011 12:26 PM

5 Lakes lLodge

Group of 10 of us for 10+ years running. Won't consider anywhere else. Fishing has always been good and have never had any complaints about the facilities or owners. Check through the archives, plenty of info there.

Have fun!

JohnB.O.A.T.

WallerChief 12-19-2011 07:31 PM

Are there any smallies in Gullrock?

Thanks for the replies!

walleyeduran 12-19-2011 07:40 PM

Hopefully not, I have fished it for 12 years and never have caught a small mouth. The resort oweners and the fisheries do not want small mouth bass in this water system. They want to keep the walleye reproduction/survival as good as they can.

Duran

jkonop 12-19-2011 08:05 PM

If you have trouble booking on Gull Rock, Red Lake has a few resorts minutes from the marina and it is a nice ride to Gull Rock down the river. You may not even want to leave Red Lake!

BigBadBucky 01-01-2012 05:56 PM

Gullrock chain is great. We could always get on fish regardless of the weather. Just would have to sometime vary depth, locations or direction of fishing. We are pretty much vertical jig fishermen. Unfortunately haven't made it up last couple years.

We liked 5 Lakes Lodge and would get the upgrade boats. 18' with 40hp 4-stroke, pedestal seats and depth finder. I know they've changed owners recently.

My dad also liked it as if we had a day when he needed a break, we could come in a bit early in the evening and it was conveniently located to run into town and get an ice cream.