Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   C'mere Deer (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144078)

Airwave(OH) 10-25-2005 02:14 PM

C'mere Deer

Just wondered if anyone has tried this ( C'Mere Deer ) and what the results were. Hank Parkers commercial is very convincing. I got some and am going to give it a shot.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Airwave(OH) 10-25-2005 02:14 PM

C'mere Deer

Just wondered if anyone has tried this ( C'Mere Deer ) and what the results were. Hank Parkers commercial is very convincing. I got some and am going to give it a shot.

Ivy 10-26-2005 07:41 AM

RE: C'mere Deer

Never heard of it.

What is it?

Ivy

Ivy 10-26-2005 07:41 AM

Never heard of it.

What is it?

Ivy

Stu 10-26-2005 11:00 AM

Let me know how well it works. I was going to buy some but I've already filled my tag. Maybe next year.

Buzz 10-26-2005 01:34 PM

I know two people that have tried it. One has had no success with it at all and the other said the deer ignored the powder version but hammered the liquid version. Right now where I live, there are so many acorns dropping (as well as other mast crops) that the deer have an abundant of natural forage. Since the acorns have started dropping I haven't seen many deer in the field like there usually are this time of year. My foodplots have even had little activity.

Buzz

Airwave(OH) 11-01-2005 07:37 AM

[url]www.cmeredeer.com[/url]

No I have nothing to do with this company.
Just wondering if anyones had success with as I am trying it out for the first time. Will keep you posted as to results.

Airwave(OH) 11-11-2005 05:41 AM

So far no success, no activity at the stuff. Lots of deer but they are not interested in it. I had a couple walk over and sniff it but never touched it.

bobk 11-12-2005 06:58 AM

25 Attachment(s)
Brion, did you have the stuff out before the rut kicked in? I can see why they might not go to it right now but curios if you had it out before they had girls on their minds. In Hocking county the bucks on really on the move. 10pt and a 12 came through last night and I couldn't get either one of them to stop. 8 does came through also.

Buckeye 11-13-2005 06:40 AM

I sometimes wonder if most of these bottled scents and attractants are really what they claim to be.

I put out a couple blocks pre season last year. One was Deer Cain and the other an apple mineral block. I had lots of deer around the first month of the season and watched exactly one deer take a taste. Even then it was very brief. I actually had a pair of fawns act like they were a hornet's nest and avoid them. The only thing I saw hit them regular were squirrels.

I've had 2 different bucks come inside of 15 yds from scent wicks with Tink's Golden Estrous and not even take a whiff. Both were on the move and passing through and I'd have thought they would at least stop and look had it smelled attractive. I did get a very nervous response when one got downwind of a tarsal gland from a buck my buddy shot (That buck was a beauty too!).

The only bottled scent I have seen that really locks in a deer's curiosity is Trails End but I can't say I've seen a buck really lock in on it.