Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   O'Sullivan Lodge in Quebec (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74946)

andy from pa 01-19-2006 11:50 PM

O'Sullivan Lodge in Quebec

Alright, I'm sitting here in January dreaming of fishing Lake O'Sullivan in Quebec six months from now.

We head up June 10 to 17 this year and every year (for the last ten straight) we've loved the Lodge and the fishing which has been great. Good pike and trout too.

Who else is going up this year? Is it a return trip? If so what's the hot spot and what worked before? I'll trade ya...

Let's get some talk going...

georgeVA 01-20-2006 02:55 PM

RE: O'Sullivan Lodge in Quebec

we're going up june 17 - 24 and can't wait. we are mainly fishing for perch but like smallmouth as well. couple questions, is the lake water potable and do the wardens ever visit the area?

andy from Pa 01-22-2006 09:42 PM

RE: O'Sullivan Lodge in Quebec

If you are interested in catching smallmouth or perch, I think we are talking about two different lakes:

O'Sullivan Lake in Quebec is 200 miles due north (as the loon flies) from Ottawa and is great for walleye, pike and lakers but has no bass and few, if any, perch. I think it is too far north for bass.

As for Wardens, yes they do show up and did so last year in the middle of nowhere, but I think that's rare.

The lake is about 75 miles down the Clova Road, bouncy, gravel etc.

Are you going to the O'Sullivan I'm referring too?

Andy

Glenn from NH 03-06-2011 08:19 AM

Native Bait Fish

For those who have been to O'Sullivan before, does anyone know what are the native bait fish to this lake?? Trying to decide what type of tackle I will need to catch Lake Trout and Pike. If there are not much Perch (as written above), what are some of the native fish a Pike will strike (walleye?).

Mike Borger 03-06-2011 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=Glenn from NH;1278662]For those who have been to O'Sullivan before, does anyone know what are the native bait fish to this lake?? Trying to decide what type of tackle I will need to catch Lake Trout and Pike. If there are not much Perch (as written above), what are some of the native fish a Pike will strike (walleye?).[/QUOTE]

Whitefish and gigantic Fallfish.

trapperbob 03-06-2011 09:27 PM

We are a group of 4 going to osullivan for the first time. We will be there June 18-25. We have fished several other lakes over thw years,but we like to try new places.Last year we were at Gouin res. thru Tamarac. We have heard good things about this lake and hope they are true. I have been looking at a topographic map and noticed alot of drop offs islands and points. I and the group are mostly catch and release and hope to catch some nice sized walleyes. We willalso target some lakers probably trolling. Any info would be greatly appreciated as to good areas to try.

Glenn from NH 03-12-2011 08:30 AM

Bait Fish

Thanks Solopaddler for the response about the native bait fish.

bryand 07-02-2011 07:43 PM

o'sullivan Lake ripoff

Had a bad experience at O'Sullivan this season. Turns out that the outfitter charges you for a prop if it is in any way scratched...which is hard not to do in lake full of unmarked rocks. Regardless, when we checked out, we were assessed 60 for our prop...not bent or damaged, just scratched up. We insisted that if pay $60, we want the prop. Russell gave it to us and when we looked at it closer later, it showed signs of earlier scratches and damage that were painted over beofre we got that boat and engine. So apparently the outfitter charges customers for a prop, and then repaints it and does the same thing to the next folks. A disgusting way to nickle and dime customers. The accommodations and boats were mediocre and the fishing was average at best. So no way we will be going back there. There are too many other outfitters who don't angle to screw their American customers.

3dfishguy 02-06-2012 06:49 PM

osullivan

wondering what other outfitters your are pleased with in that area, looking for a change

HeHooksHimself 02-06-2012 06:56 PM

Been there

Most outfitters are not like that, but we have had that happen with an outfitter in Minnesota. the good thing about that is we have been going to Canada since then and would not even think about wasting our precious fishing week in Canada. In Canada, we have been charged for a prop once, which we indeed chipped and a lower unit, which we banged