Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ranger 175T Angler Debuts at Minneapolis Northwest Sportshow (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193259)

Wade B AKA: Ruger2506 03-29-2012 10:47 AM

Ranger 175T Angler Debuts at Minneapolis Northwest Sportshow

571 Attachment(s)
NEW FOR 2012: RANGER 175T ANGLER
Ranger pairs its fishing-first heritage with exceptional features, styling and performance in a widely-acclaimed, multispecies tiller design
FLIPPIN, ARK. (March 27, 2012) From its earliest days, Ranger Boats has created some of the most popular multi-species boats on the water. It's a strong heritage for innovation and total performance that continues to earn the respect of anglers the world over. Whether it's the focused design of a vintage 1600V tiller or the confident fishability and responsive performance of a historic 680 model, that same legacy of leadership is regularly reinforced as these designs remain in high demand on the used market to this day.

Highlighting their legendary dedication to anglers chasing a wide range of game fish, Ranger Boats recently introduced the 175T Angler, a 21st century design taking cues from several of these classic Ranger multi-species platforms. The newest member of the company's multi-species lineup touts an elevated level of fishability and comfort while delivering remarkable performance and style to today's tiller-boat angler.

Measuring 17 feet, 7 inches with an 87-inch beam, the Ranger 175T Angler holds 23 gallons of fuel in its tank, which is mounted under the front deck for enhanced load distribution, easier planing and better rough water performance. Rated for a maximum 75 horsepower, the new 175T also features a front casting deck and cockpit covered in a slip-resistant coating and topped with snap-in marine carpet, which can be removed for easier cleaning, while the transom of the boat allows room for an electric kicker motor and splash guards for anglers who back troll.

“Our history in producing versatile tiller powered fishing platforms dates back over 30 years. That experience, coupled with decades of refinements, has led us to the 175T, a boat that's wide open, has ample storage, is extremely affordable, and is made to handle whatever the day calls for,” said Ranger Boats Vice President, Keith Daffron. “You might fish for walleye one day, musky the next and bass the day after that. We think this boat will be a perfect fit to an already stellar Angler Series lineup.”

Available with a wide range of precision-matched outboards, the Ranger 175T Angler features an instrument panel with a full complement of gauges and rocker switch controls and comes standard with Lowrance Mark 5X Pro electronics. Additional standard features include a 6x2 on-board battery charger, premium marine upholstery, recessed tie cleats and a 50-inch livewell designed to help keep big fish comfortable and stress free.

In addition to room for today's large-screened electronics at the console and the bow, there are also generous storage areas throughout the boat, including an insulated cooler with drain and space for rods up to 9 feet, 6 inches in the starboard-side rod storage and room for rods up to 7 feet in the portside rod storage.

Other highlights of the Ranger 175T Angler include a sliding captain's seat to allow for easier and more comfortable driving for a variety of anglers, integrated access panel at the stern for the quick access to the bilge pumps; recirculating livewell plus cup holders at all four corners of the cockpit as well as at the bow.

Paired with a custom-built, single-axle, RangerTrail trailer featuring LED lights, the 175T Angler is easier to maneuver and enjoys the smooth-trailering benefits of custom alignment and individually balanced wheels. Up front, the center swing jack retracts flush to the frame and creates a more balanced load, making it even more secure on the trailer. Combined with stainless steel fenders and aluminum wheels, matching spare, exclusive COOL Hub lubrication system, Road Armor protective coating, torsion axle suspension, and swing-away tongue, the RangerTrail trailer delivers long-lasting peace of mind and easy towing.

2013 RANGER 175T ANGLER
Overall Hull Length: 17 feet, 7 inches
Beam: 87 inches
Maximum HP: 75
Engine Shaft Length: 20 inches
Inside Depth: 19 inches
Fuel Capacity: 23 gallons
Total Persons/Motor/Gear: 1,200 lbs.
Approx. Boat Weight: 1,200 lbs.

Trailer Capacities/Specifications
Trailer GVWR: SM2995
Length on Trailer with Motor Down: 22 feet, 2 inches
Length on Trailer with Motor Down & Swing-Away Tongue Open: 20 feet, 2 inches
Width on Trailer: 95 inches

About Ranger Boats
Headquartered in Flippin, Ark., Ranger Boats is the nation's largest manufacturer of premium fiberglass fishing boats, which include series of bass, multi-species, fish 'n play and saltwater boats. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest-quality, strongest-performing boats on the water. For more information, go to [url]www.rangerboats.com[/url].

the big lake 03-29-2012 11:37 AM

I went to the show last night and check it out in person. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. It looks like a bass boat hull, very shallow sides and there wasn't any storage upfront. You can tell that the boat was designed down south with the bass boat look, but for us walleye fishermen, it is to shallow. Just my two cents.

Chode2235 03-29-2012 11:41 AM

Just got the email myself: Here's the link on Ranger's site: [url]http://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=36&mid=6727[/url]

It certainly isn't a big Warrior/Yarcraft tiller. But there are a ton of lakes where 17.5 ft of open tiller make a ton more sense. The biggest thing is the mindset that these smaller tillers 'should' be tin boats.

FEDER 03-29-2012 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is picture of the new 175. I think it is very important that people remember that this is a small horsepower 17' tiller boat to complete the Ranger Boats tiller lineup. This boat was designed to also perform very nicely with a 60 H.P. The 175 is the 681 hull with 2012 Ranger improvements inside and also on the trailer. Be sure to check it out at the Northwest show in Mpls this weekend.

George Feder

Wade B AKA: Ruger2506 03-29-2012 02:06 PM

571 Attachment(s)
It sure is interesting that the fuel is all the way up in the bow and the trolling batteries are in the stern. Also I see it's coming pre-rigged for a 12v system. Not sure that was so smart on Ranger's part. There appears to be a ton of lost storage space in this layout.

tiller mulisha 03-29-2012 03:34 PM

12/24?

Is there room for a third battery in the back for going 24? This should be a no brainer, if not ...epic fail!

Btfrk 03-29-2012 05:45 PM

[quote=Chode2235;1413468]Just got the email myself: Here's the link on Ranger's site: [URL]http://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=36&mid=6727[/URL]

It certainly isn't a big Warrior/Yarcraft tiller. But there are a ton of lakes where 17.5 ft of open tiller make a ton more sense. The biggest thing is the mindset that these smaller tillers 'should' be tin boats.[/quote]

But for 31K? I would take a 681 any day over this. Why did they make it so shallow?

Tiller Boy 03-29-2012 09:00 PM

I was there today

[QUOTE=Btfrk;1413646]But for 31K? I would take a 681 any day over this. Why did they make it so shallow?[/QUOTE]

There was one displayed at the show for $26,900.00 at Frankie's booth. Frankie's said they had sold three of them between the store and the show.

Wade B AKA: Ruger2506 03-30-2012 06:40 AM

571 Attachment(s)
[URL="http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/videos/03.29.2012/4811/New.Ranger.T.Angler/"]http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/videos/03.29.2012/4811/New.Ranger.T.Angler/[/URL]

Here's a video of the rig.
Looks like the boat in the video is pretty naked as far as options and they want $25,999 with the F70. Looks like $26,999 with the F75.

Figure options

80# Vantage $1199.00
80# Terrova/I-Pilot $1449.00
Extra battery $100.00
Upgrade battery charger $100.00

A boat with an F75 and the above options would be $29,999. A guy still hasn't put graphs on the boat. Other than the LOW Mark 5 that comes standard.

I can't speak to a lot of other brands but I know it's priced a bit above the Skeeter 1790T (about $1500-$2000 more). It's priced about $3000 over the 1725 Pro Guide.

BW 03-30-2012 06:42 AM

I imagine Frankie's had the F70 Yammie? If the other dealer had a 75hp and a vantage, that still is quite a price difference to ask $31,000??? That boat would have had to been loaded with a lot more stuff than that to justify the price, or the dealer is being greedy!!! I guess that is why Frankies already has 3 sold!