Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trailers and Tow Vehicles (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Time to repack/replace those bearings (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191968)

rook-eye slayer 03-04-2012 09:25 PM

Time to repack/replace those bearings

Had a fun experience this afternoon. Just bought a 2005 Lowe FM175S from the Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls, WI. The boat - perfect. The trailer - not so much.

Jacked up the trailer, had about an inch of play in each wheel. Pulled the hubs off - both back seals blown out - both sets of bearings on each hub were just thrashed.

Trip to Farm and Fleet - a little time spent getting to know my new rig - all better now.

But - take the time now to go over your rig and make sure you're both sea AND land-worthy.

Get ready men - soft water is coming,
Rook

REW 03-04-2012 11:21 PM

Rook,
When you had the trailer up on jacks, did you check to see if either one or both of the axle ends were bent?

REW

Drummer Boy 03-05-2012 08:47 AM

I would not be happy with that,you were lucky to get it home.I would definitely go back to the dealer.I have never bought a used rig from a dealer but don't they check things out.All they have to do is lift the trailer with a floor jack and check for play and rough bearings.Takes all of five minutes.

ankorklankor 03-05-2012 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=rook-eye slayer;1402877]Had a fun experience this afternoon. Just bought a 2005 Lowe FM175S from the Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls, WI. The boat - perfect. The trailer - not so much.

Jacked up the trailer, had about an inch of play in each wheel. Pulled the hubs off - both back seals blown out - both sets of bearings on each hub were just thrashed.

Trip to Farm and Fleet - a little time spent getting to know my new rig - all better now.

But - take the time now to go over your rig and make sure you're both sea AND land-worthy.

Get ready men - soft water is coming,
Rook[/QUOTE]

This would have been the time I ordered a set of Liqua-Lub conversion kits. I did this 5 years ago and have never been happier. My bearings run a lot cooler after the conversion also.

David.

kizew 03-05-2012 11:39 AM

Not Good!

Hi Rook,
I am Gregg from Skeeter Boat Center, and one of our customers brought this to my attention. This is not the way we do business and I apologize wholeheartedly. We obviously missed this and want to make it right!
Please send your receipts to me for all of your parts, and we will make it right and then some:
Skeeter Boat Center - attn Gregg
321 West Prairie View Road
Chippewa Falls, WI 54733

Once again, sorry from the whole staff at the Skeeter Boat Center!!

Thanks!
Gregg

hawg 03-05-2012 01:02 PM

+ 1 for Liqua Lube.
PS- Great post Skeeter Center!!!

chevtow 03-05-2012 02:41 PM

Nice job Skeeter's, that's how things should be fixed !!

bergsh 03-06-2012 07:13 AM

Totally Agree

Great Job Skeeter.

BCLII 03-06-2012 09:21 AM

Thats good customer service!!

TomP. 03-06-2012 09:08 PM

They are a great bunch up there, and not only that if you buy a new rig they do the motor break in for you, so all you have to do is go fish relax and not worry if you did the break in correctly..