Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Morson mainland camps (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601882)

Pat 03-05-2017 10:31 PM

Morson mainland camps

Mylie's Place, Buena Vista, and Red Wing. What's the pro's and con's of each? Taking my own boat, just myself and wife. Mainly fishing walleye, looking at August or September. Thanks in advance for any input.

Obabikon 03-06-2017 06:10 AM

Buena Vista has a restaurant, which is convenient. Very good food. Windy days can be difficult.

Mylies place has quite a few new cabins, and is much more protected from the wind.

It has been a long time since I've walked around RedWing.

Not a ton of info, but its a start.

Laker10 03-06-2017 06:37 AM

We have stayed at both Mylies Place and Red Wing. I like Mylies Place better for the cabins and the docks.

Baseline 03-06-2017 07:45 AM

I been to Red Wing and Buena Vista. I liked Red Wing more. Buena is a lot more crowded and for me was less appealing in appearance with all the campers and boats docked in the marina. Red Wing is run very well and provided everything I was looking for.

PJM 03-06-2017 08:13 AM

Pat

I sent you a PM

Pat 03-06-2017 08:22 PM

Thanks fellows for the feedback, much appreciated.

fldoc1 03-08-2017 08:34 PM

We like Mylies

I have taken my wife fishing at Mylies the past 2 Junes. We like the resort layout and we really like the owners who work hard to make your stay special. We stay in the camper trailer that works well for us and possibly for a second couple as there are 2 bedrooms. I would consider switching to a 2 bedroom cabin if another couple joined us. Mylies is deep into a bay with great protection for the boats from most winds but especially the prevailing west winds. With the islands all around one can get out fishing in almost all weather. Justin launches your boat and parks your trailer near the launch and away from the cabins. A strong wind form the NE could be trouble and I believe that Justin would be there to help you put your boat on the trailer.

I have not been to the other 2 camps and have no reason to switch at this time especially since my wife enjoys our yearly trip.

Randy from Duluth[B][/B]

Bill Krejca 03-09-2017 06:21 AM

I have been at/put in at all three. They all have their advantages. The advantage of having a BV restaurant nearby is nice. This is offset by the BV wind factor, which can be rather exciting entering or leaving when a west or nw or sw wind blows.

Bill

fldoc1 03-13-2017 10:34 AM

BV restaurant

Just a side note. How is the food at the BV restaurant. Mylies is not far away and we have thought about going over for lunch or dinner.

Randy from Duluth

The tank 03-13-2017 10:55 AM

We ate there a couple years ago when we stayed there everything we had was really good.