Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41047)

TJ 04-30-2006 01:21 PM

No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin

I prefer to burn ethanol-free gas in my boat engine whenever possible. There are fewer and fewer stations offering gasoline without some ethanol blended in. Some stations are seizing upon this and actually advertising that they sell gas with no ethanol.

I would like to start a list of gas stations in Wisconsin that sell gas without ethanol for those of us that fish around the state. If you reply to this subject to ad a location, try putting the city name in the subject line and the name and address of the staion in the body of the message. That will help everyone pin point locations in their area.

Thanks.

TJ 04-30-2006 01:22 PM

Madison

Dee's BP
318 S. Park Street
-located near the intersection of S. Park, Vilas Ave. and W. Washington Ave.

rocky_point 04-30-2006 01:58 PM

RE: No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin

There is nothing wrong with burning ethanol in your outboard. I've been doing it for 12 years plus without a problem. (8 years through my old merc 50, now 4 years through a Yamaha 115 4stk) Someday you will NOT be able to burn dino oil without paying substantially more for it. Just as well wean yourself off the stuff now.

boatman 04-30-2006 02:54 PM

My owners manual says not to run ethanol fuel.

Stick to the topic please 04-30-2006 03:02 PM

rocky - burn whatever you want in your rig. This was not a post seeking your off-topic opinions or a debate on ethanol. If you know a station that sells ethanol-free gas in your area, list it here. If you want to debate ethanol, start a new thread.

lmao 04-30-2006 03:03 PM

Yeah, and your owners manual also says to fasten your outboard kill switch to the D ring on your lifevest. I'm guessing you dont do that. Your owners manual would also tell you to tension check your oil plug every 30 hours. I'm guessing you dont do that either....

I too burn ethanol in my 140 suz, and have been for 3 years without so much as a hitch. Not only better for the motor, (Carb never gums up, much cleaner burning) but also better for the lake....cleaner emissions.

boatman 04-30-2006 04:33 PM

You are correct you are only guessing.

risor39 05-01-2006 07:31 AM

The BP station in Neenah Wi on Main st has 100%gasoline.

risor39 05-01-2006 07:31 AM

The BP station in Neenah Wi on Main st has 100%gasoline.

Curious George 05-03-2006 09:16 AM

Any no-E gas stations in Green Bay or Oshkosh?