Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournament Message Board (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Tournament Family Member Needs Our Prayers! (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190830)

stevefellegy 02-11-2012 02:59 PM

A Tournament Family Member Needs Our Prayers!

This has been kept quiet long enough. My old PWT partner/roommate and one of the pioneers of what this WC page is made of, needs everyone's prayers!

Ron Seelhoff is just now recovering from cancer surgery. (hopefully, his daughter can chime in here and let all of you know how her dad is doing etc.)

Please....everyone.....keep Ron in your prayers. Please.....

scott.keeley 02-11-2012 03:01 PM

Prayers

Thoughts and prayers are with him and the family for a full recovery.

perchjerker 02-11-2012 03:09 PM

Ron has always been one of my favorites...

Our prayers are with him!!!!

ozarkeyes 02-11-2012 08:35 PM

My prayers are with you Ron. I know from personal exeprience what you are going through. My best wishes for full and speedy recovery. I can only imagine how Dufus is feeling right now too.

John Holstine

rabbit 02-11-2012 09:10 PM

Ron helped me out with some boat problems I was having quite a while back and he is a great guy...Hang in there Bud......Prayers are with ya...Paul and Janny

k4xjk0 02-11-2012 10:08 PM

Sorry to hear. Thoughts go out to all.

eye one 02-12-2012 08:42 AM

Sorry to hear this. Don't know Ron personally,but from magazine articles and the PWT seems like a class guy.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Buck Snort 02-13-2012 12:09 PM

Prayers headed your way Ron!

Johnnie Candle 02-13-2012 01:13 PM

I just heard that news last week myself. Hang in there Ron. We are all pullin for ya.

Golden 02-13-2012 05:41 PM

I was wondering what happened to him....was just talking about that a few days ago.

Prayers headed your way Ron....get back in the game buddy!

jet man 02-14-2012 02:49 PM

prayers sent

Juls 02-14-2012 03:00 PM

Fight the fight, Ron. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Juls

Litchfieldwalleye 02-14-2012 11:37 PM

:bowdown:A legend! - best wishes for health

Robbie 02-15-2012 09:06 AM

Thinking of you Ron

Get well soon Ron, All of us here with the Wyoming Walleye Circuit send our prayers...

Muleskinner 02-15-2012 09:34 AM

speedy recovery

prayers are with you brother

stevefellegy 02-17-2012 12:07 PM

Hopefully, Ivy, Ron's daughter, can come on here soon and let us all know how things are going with her dad and where we can send $$ help/cards etc.

copperdog 02-19-2012 07:03 PM

Ron is home recovering after surgery he will head back to the hospital in a couple of weeks for some radiation therapy.

ivyseelhoff@hotmail.com 02-19-2012 08:17 PM

Hello everyone, Its Ivy Rons daughter... I will be giving a full report tom. as I need time to collect my thoughts. We thank you all so much for you thoughts and prayers!.. My dad is doin very well with all considering, we are goin coon hunting tonight wish us luck!

scott.keeley 02-19-2012 08:19 PM

Good luck and God speed. Try to have some fun tonight

Vikings Fan 02-20-2012 02:50 PM

Get Well, You Aint Done Fishing Yet..

One of the true legends of competitive walleye fishing. Here's to a quick recovery Ron.

tim abraham 02-20-2012 05:49 PM

hope to see you back fishin and in good health this year

ivyseelhoff@hotmail.com 02-20-2012 09:36 PM

Update on Ron Seelhoff

I think it is an apporpriate time that I can let everyone know just exactly whats going on with my Dad... He had Thyroid Cancer in which spread to his voicebox (lrynx), vocal cords, lymphnodes, and the cartilage in his jaw line.... They had to remove his voicebox, vocal cords and lymphnodes. They are pretty certain they have gotten all of the cancer, although they have found a few spots on his lungs that may be more caner or just some spots due to the dust ect. We will find out the answer to that when radiation begins. He has a permenant stoma, and no longer has his voice. This means he will no longer breath out of his nose or mouth and his sense of taste of smell have been greatly lost. He will hopefully get an artificial voice prosthesis. This has affected his life in a huge way and he is having a very tuff time adjusting. He is on an all liquid no iodine or dairy diet. Radation will begin on March 1st... Again we could use all of the support possible. Cards of inspiration to keep moving on, are always welcome! I thank you all for your support and prayers and please continue! Its because of his fans, his family and friends, his grandaughter;) that he will make it through this. Not being able to talk to his dogs, and work them like he did is having a huge impact on him. They dont want him on the water incase he falls off the boat.. but I dont think that will hold him down... Again thank you all so much and anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
A special thank you to Steve for putting this prayer chain up!
P.o box 318
Oshkosh Ne, 69154 Please do not send anything but your goodness! Godbless and good night!

provost 02-20-2012 11:31 PM

ron..

Thinking of you Ron and sending prayers your way...Nate, jenn, david, and brooklynne

Juls 02-21-2012 05:14 AM

Thank you for the update, Ivy. I'm sure his condition is pretty depressing, it would be for anyone, but tell him this for me....from a woman's perspective...

[B]A man who can't speak is pretty darn sexy![/B] Ha! So, tell him he's got that going for him now. hehehe

I know he's got a great sense of humor, so I'm hoping he hasn't lost that too. ;)

One day at a time, Ron....one day at a time. You'll adjust....it's still WAY better than the alternative.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best....

Love and kisses,

Juls

jshoemaker 02-21-2012 05:55 AM

legend

Ron, you just hooked into a 13lb walleye and it's fighting really, really, hard. Fight Back! Show us all why you are the all-time best troller to ever fish.
I must add, I consider myself lucky to be 1 of the "kids" you talked to on Tour. Thank you for any and all of ur wisdom.

chad schilling 02-21-2012 08:26 AM

great man

Ron, I know you will beat this just like you beat all of us continuously throughout the years. My fishing career would not have been near as much fun if you and Dufus weren't there to make me laugh along the way. More importantly, to make me laugh in the future. Quick recovery man. You grumpy old fart my thoughts and prayers are with you..
chad schilling

wallytap 02-21-2012 03:40 PM

Thank You Ivy! Your dad is a amazing man! Remember you have his genes to fight the fight. I met you , mom & dad at the PWT Championship in Madison, Wis years ago. Letter going to Dad.

Walizz1 02-21-2012 05:25 PM

Thanks for the update Ivy. As former competitors on the Pro and Am sides of the PWT, my wife Ginny and I have known your Wonderful Father for a long time. He's a pretty tough guy with a soft heart. Please give him our kindest regards and our encouragement to fight the fight.

Thanks to Steve for letting us know of the situation. We are thinking of Ron daily and all our prayers go out to Ron and his family. The doggies too!!!!!!!!!

Dale and Ginny Frank

stevefellegy 02-22-2012 05:21 PM

I for one, will dedicate EVERY walleye I ever catch on lead-core line the rest of my fishing life, to Ron Seelhoff!! Please join me everyone.....

Thanks Ivy! Send our love to your dad and give him a BIG hug from all us at Lake Mille Lacs.

I truly cherish all the memories.....it just ain't fair!!

stevefellegy 02-22-2012 05:32 PM

Just sayin'----

Ron sure will need some $$ to buy more shadraps! Surely, with all the medical bills and not being able to earn $$ for a while, we all could help by sending at least 2-3 shadraps worth ( or more)of $$ his way. Just sayin'.

As I said, Ron Seelhoff is one of the pioneers of what this WC board is made of. Just sayin'. Please think about as you reel in the next lead-core caught walleye.

wallytap 02-22-2012 07:26 PM

Mr. Fellegy I agree. With Ron's years of dedication to this sport and years of seminars sharing knowledge/ promoting products he DID use.....Let's just see if any of corporate america has the class to step up and extend a helping hand during this time of need. Count me in!

Robbie 02-23-2012 09:40 AM

Being there for a friend and fellow angler

I'm sending this message to all of our Wyoming Walleye Pro Team circuit anglers. Rob Davis here and I have a request of you anglers of the WWC Pro Team. I am putting together a little something for Ron and his family. For those anglers out there that would like to participate and to help one of our own in this time of need please send you contribution to me at the address I listed below and I will make sure your name goes on the card. We all hope and pray that things like this don't happen. But when they do we all need to be there and be able to assist folks in a very trying time. Ron has fished the WWC and for those of you that haven't met him he is a awesome person and a great angler. I have no dought he would be there for others...

Thank you
Rob Davis
WWC Pro Team Owner/Director
307 266-2756
Mailing address:
814 East 18th St.
Casper, Wy. 82601

HARSH 02-24-2012 10:31 AM

One Of The Best There Ever Was And Is

When it comes to walleye competitions, Ron Seelhoff is one of the best there ever was and is, in my opinion. As a walleye angler, a true living legend.
The first angler to win 4, then 5 and then 6 National level walleye tournaments. (PWT / FLW). In the world of competitive walleye fishing, Ron's accomplishments speak for themselves. Seelhoff has few, if any equals. Through out his success and fame Ron has remained the same soft spoken, down to earth, good natured individual. One of the very best seminars I ever attended was done by Ron in Lincoln, Nebraska. A wealth of walleye trolling information and just good old common sense and fishing logic. The kind you seldom get at a seminar. Personally, if I had to pick my three most respected, all time favorite anglers? They would be Bob Probst Sr., Gary Roach and Ron Seelhoff. Each for different reasons.

These health issues may slow you down Ron, but here is sincerely hoping and praying that all of us will soon see you on stage with another good catch, making the rest of us look bad. As you have already done so many times before.

Pete Harsh

stevefellegy 02-24-2012 03:39 PM

One can only echo Mr. Harsh.......

blue692 02-27-2012 03:39 PM

A great teacher and friend......

Back in 1997 the PWT came to Dubuque and I was fortunate enough to run into Ron at a gas station. After trying to tell him some places to fish he interrupted me and said "SO do you have anything to do for the next 3 days?" I answered no and he invited me to pre-fish with him. The whole time we were on the water he took the time to tell me and teach me everything he was doing. It was then that I was bit by the tournament bug and have been fishing them ever since. Ron probably dont remember me but I will never forget the guy who turned me on to walleye fishing tournaments!! Get well soon Ron and I hope to see you again!:bowdown:

Mike Bisdorf

Tim Abraham 02-27-2012 06:28 PM

Sounds like most people posting on this site know Ron, or have met him. I personally have never met him but only made eye contact with him on Sully's flat day 2 of the flw on Oahe last year. Yes we were that close. Even so Ron has had a possitive impact on the way I fish. One of Ron's pwt teamates that learned how to leadcore from watching him taught me how a few years back,wow what a difference it makes when applied correctly. After Ron's tournament win on Mille Lacs is probably when he inspired me the most because to me Mille Lacs is the hardest body of water to win on. Thats when I said I want to be like that guy. Being an owner of 2 dogs myself that would kinda stink if I couldn't talk to them but the truth of the matter is dogs are smart and understand their owners better than anyone so it won't be long and Ron and his dogs will be communicating differently than before but understanding each other as good if not better.

fishincrazy 03-01-2012 05:37 AM

Thoughts and Prayers From Philly and all points East!
Get well soon!
FC

ivyseelhoff@hotmail.com 03-01-2012 10:16 PM

Update

Hello everyone! Dad would like me to tell all of you thanks for all of the prayers and thoughtful words of inspiration... He also wanted me to update you all as well. My Dad will become radioactive tom. and will have to be secluded from everyone for about a week.. I am still here with him and was fortunate enough to get a big enough room in the housing here at the hospital. Next week approximently Wed. He will be under going external beam radation he will have to do this everyday for 7 weeks.. as some of you may know this causes very bad burns and will cause him to have a very soar throat.. so he is def. not lookin forward to it. We plan to stay here at the Hostpital (University of Nebraska Medical Center). This will be out of pocket and very expensive. He has huge concern because of his financial status. So any donations would be very helpful. I will also be setting up a place to donate on a website within the next couple of days and I will let you all know!
Again and Again, thank you all for your support and prayers! Feel free to add me on Facebook I try and post on there as well. I have about three websites to keep up with, concerning my Dad, so please bare with me.
Ivy Seelhoff

stevefellegy 03-02-2012 05:22 AM

Grab that tiller handle, Ron, and "crank" 'er up!! As usual, we are all behind you.....

Ron Seelhoff was a driving force behind the growth of the walleye related crankbait industry the past 20 plus years. Ron's early days success with cranks, almost exclusively him in the early days, made the likes of Normark, Storm Lures, Smithwick and many more companies lots of $$. Would Berkley have come out with Flicker Shads if Ron hadn't been a part of the walleye world early on? No doubt....Ron drove the boat that led their way!!

I challenge the walleye angling related crankbait companies to rally behind Ron and make a long cast toward paying for Ron's treatments.

I challenge the likes of In-Fishermen, old and new staff, old and new owners, to rally behind Ron, long after he played a major role in growing the coverage on both TV and the magazine side of things. He was there for you when you needed him.....

Crank'er up everyone!!! If every walleye tournament angler, old and young, club event level to AIM/FLW level sent $$ equivalant to a crankbait cost, it would surely help Ron big-time.

Thanks.....

wallytap 03-02-2012 09:12 AM

Ivy: Thank you for the updates and please post the websites for your Dad. Being in the boat with your Dad whenever you would be a topic of conversation his eyes would light up and anything related to fishing was tossed aside. He has always been very proud of you and I see why during this "bump" in the road of life. [B]Be proud![/B]