Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Interface HDS10, with LCX113HD (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174271)

eyesNsox 01-04-2011 01:56 PM

Interface HDS10, with LCX113HD

I am planning to move my LCX113HD up to the front of the boat and put on a new HDS10 at the console.
Question 1. will my HDS113 Transducer work with the HDS10 , and will I be able to use it in the 83Hz mode?
Question 2. I plan to network the two units together and want to know if I can run the 113 depth finder independently from the HDS. In other words I want to have the depth finder off the trolling motor work separately, but simultaneously from the HDS10
Question 3. This may be asking too much….if I add the side scan feature to the HDS10, will I be able to also pick up the image on my 113?
Thank in advance for your help.

Tweak 01-04-2011 03:01 PM

I have the HDS10 networked with my LCX110. I think I have this right:

The HDS uses the same transducer. So you should be set there.

The LCX and HDS can work independently and still share numeric depth information (ex 8.6 ft)

The LCX will not be able to show actual sonar images from the HDS. Side or bottom.

Cedarsac 01-04-2011 07:05 PM

thought This Wasn't possible

Wow, a sales rep told me one cannot network LCX units with HD... were they worng or did misunderstand.

perchjerker 01-05-2011 03:38 AM

[quote=Cedarsac;1259675]Wow, a sales rep told me one cannot network LCX units with HD... were they worng or did misunderstand.[/quote]

depends on what you mean by "network"

they can share the same NMEA data, but unless both units have an ethernet connection they will not share sonar screen returns and other info not on the NMEA bus, as Tweak stated

gets confusing

eyesNsox 01-05-2011 01:02 PM

Thanks Perchjerker.
Maybe I should restate what I hope to accomplish.
I want to use my HDS10 at the console as my mainframe where I can share mapping and waypoints with my HDS113 which will be mounted up front on my trolling motor. I expect that I can do this through the Ethernet cable.

I also want to keep my unit/transducer upfront operating seperately from the HDS. In otherwords I want each unit operate simaltaniously off of their own seperate transducer.If I connect the BUSS cable between the two I (theoretically) believe that the two units will only opperate off of one transducer.

You are absolutely right by your comment of confusing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

perchjerker 01-05-2011 02:08 PM

you can share waypoints and gps info, but not the mapping. You need a seperate map for each. Both units can share the same gps antenna though the NMEA bus.

on the sonar end, if you want each to use thier own t/d then you dont need the ethernet connection. You just hook up the t/d's as normal to thier respective units.

All you will need is the NMEA connection for the gps antenna.

In my case I have a 28c hd on the dash as my main unit. In the back, I have a 5200c gps. I have both the ethernet and NMEA hooked to it, so the back unit shows the same screen as the front, but like I said, they dont share the same map.

eyesNsox 01-05-2011 03:01 PM

Thanks Perchjerker.
It makes sense to me, and just the way I want it to perform.
I'll give it a try per your advice right after I plop down the $2.5k.
If it wasn't for fishing, fancy cars, and my daughters college education where else would I spend it?