Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournament Message Board (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FLW Championship.... Problem? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132585)

JLDII 09-21-2005 09:47 AM

FLW Championship.... Problem?

The state of Illinois HAS lifted their slot restrictions on the river for this tournament. The state of Iowa WILL NOT lift their slot restrictions. The FLW has told the contestants, via the tournament packets they all got, that the restrictions have been lifted in Illinois' waters.

What nobody seems to know though is how is this going to work. Will the tournament still be on both sides of the river, restricted on the one side, and unrestricted on the other. OR...Will the tourney be restricted to Illinois' waters only?

Strange isn't it??:o

Guest123 09-21-2005 09:52 AM

RE: FLW Championship.... Problem?

OLD News

[url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=11115&mesg_id=11115&page=5[/url]

WAZZZ 09-21-2005 09:54 AM

I'm sure the FLW knows. If you are in the tournament call FLW at 270-252-1000. I think it is important for you to understand the rules. If you are not in the tournament you should still call, I'm sure they would explain everything. Let us know what the facts are.

JLDII 09-21-2005 10:10 AM

Hadn't seen it before now. Sorry!

Quad Cities angler 09-21-2005 10:51 AM

Everyone should call the Iowa DNR and complain about this and all the other shenanigans the Iowa DNR has been doing to walleye tournaments.

rudy 09-21-2005 01:27 PM

laws are laws and we should all have to abide by the same ones regardless of what the special circumstances might be.the iowa dnr has developed the 'miss' into one of the finest walleye fisheries in the u.s. and they know what they are doing.bite your tongue and let them keep doing their work as fisheries biologists to keep managing our resourse succesfully.i'm not against the tournament or the fishermen who have been placed in this unfortunate situation but in the general publics eye it's making the tournament fishermen look bad.i talk to the locals on a daily basis as i run a sport shop here in clinton and most are not happy that the tourney anglers don't have to abide by the same rules as they do.i have talked to 3 pro's so far who were concerned that there will be retaliation from the public.i don't know how crazy some might get but most will just be left with yet another sour taste in their mouths.again, i am on both sides as i know the reason for not enforcing the slot is to tag as many fish as possible for mortality study.[which by the way, has already been done several times by the dnr]people here who know fishing were glad to finally get the slot put in so they are naturally going to be put out by the il dnr's decision to waive the slot for a tournament.i really didn't want to get involved because it's a no win situation for me[****ed if i do,****ed if i don't] but i wanted to get some true facts out there before this thing blows up.hopefully it won't happen and we can all go on to something else.it was suggested by a local that if the fishermen are worried about their image in the public eye that they could get together and ask the tournament director that they DO use the slot for the tournament.i know i've stuck my neck out but thats whats going on here.
by the way,fishing has not been worth a crap here.tons of weeds make casting and trolling nearly impossible at times.there seem to be millions of 2-4" shad EVERYWHERE.i've never seen this huge of a forage base here.i couldn't even catch a catfish on a crawler on wingdam last night if that gives you any indication of how tough it is.hopefully the bite will improve and they boys will catch some good fish without conflict.
good fishin',
rudy morgan

one side 09-21-2005 01:31 PM

I talked to a pro fishing it and he said they can only fish the ILL. side. How they mark or determine that is beyond me.

Juls_OH 09-21-2005 02:05 PM

It's the center of the navigation channel...between the red and green bouys. As for the locks that are on the Iowa side, the contestants must stay on the Illinois side of the locks if they have fish in their livewells on their way back in.

The Navionics chip shows the center line in the navigation channel by the way.

Juls

Question 09-21-2005 02:34 PM

Juls,
Maybe you know, I have a couple of guys that went straight from the PWT to there. If they are allowed to fish that way, the center of the navigation channel is not the state boundary is it? I thought the locks as you continue up are either in one state or the other, not split. The state line is the center of the orginal river not the shipping channel.

makes sense 09-21-2005 02:37 PM

Never fished there, but that makes sense.