Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Montreal here I come! (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181250)

Mark Komo 05-30-2011 08:01 PM

Montreal here I come!

Will be going to Montreal in late july for a long weekend. Not sure whether I should bring the boat. More R&R than anything, but hey, if i can launch and fish all the better.

Any suggestions on what to do or see while out there?

polaris-pete 05-30-2011 08:15 PM

Website

[QUOTE=Mark Komo;1312833]Will be going to Montreal in late july for a long weekend. Not sure whether I should bring the boat. More R&R than anything, but hey, if i can launch and fish all the better.

Any suggestions on what to do or see while out there?[/QUOTE]

Mark- check out [url]www.freshwaterphil.com. He has a pretty good website on fishing around the Montreal area.Its a long ways to haul a boat, especially for just a long weekend but have a good trip just the same either way.

Topwater 05-30-2011 11:23 PM

FunTown

MUSKIES
Look up Marc Thorpe. He'll put you on fish.

Steve

Mark Komo 06-07-2011 05:28 AM

Thanks steve. Will have to check that out.

Staying the night in watertown. A few wings and some beer, then off to montreal.

polaris-pete 06-07-2011 08:40 AM

Your'e welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=polaris-pete;1312837]Mark- check out [url]www.freshwaterphil.com. He has a pretty good website on fishing around the Montreal area.Its a long ways to haul a boat, especially for just a long weekend but have a good trip just the same either way.[/QUOTE]

Your'e Welcome.

vteye 06-07-2011 10:40 AM

Montreal sites

HI Mark,
My Mrs loves the shopping on Saint Catherine in heart of downtown which (disclosure) one end also has the "girly clubs". Notre Dame Cathedral is amazing. Montrealers love there smoked meat sandwiches a steamed lean ruben sandwich is the best. Check out restaurants "Rubens" 2 locations on St Catherine & Schwartz's for smoked meat. Great, clean, friendly city with jazz festival in July. Check out Bell Centre event schedule. Enjoy.

Legend115 06-22-2011 06:56 PM

without a doubt, hands down, no argument...the MOST beautiful and cultured city in the entire country of Canada! take your time and enjoy it my friend..sooooo much to see and learn there. and if you're a foodie, you'll think you've gone to heaven.

sadly, the Montreal Jazz festival (largest jazz fest in the world) will be over but for things to see, try Old Montreal, the Olympic Stadium, the Biosphere, the Botanical Gardens, shopping in the underground city, any and all museums, the Six Flags La Ronde amusement park (I think it opens in late May), Parc jean Drapeau, and all the restaurants you can manage to fit in. Walk St. Denis street and St. Laurent for tons of original stores and restaurants - and, if you can, venture up north to St. Sauveur and Mont Tremblant. The ride up is gorgeous and the towns are simply beautiful (although the first is getting a bit laden with factor outlets).

L'Avenue restaurant on Mont-Royal (somewhere between St-Denis and Boyer) is nice for breakfast even if there is always a line-up. I haven't been in a while but the menu was creative and the ambiance always interesting. If you want more casual there's a Cora restaurant nearby with little or no line-up. There are a lot of small places for coffees and croissant nearby too.

if you walk along St-Laurent Blvd, you will cross Prince Arthur which also has a choice of restaurants (mostly B.Y.O.B.). Continue walking on Prince Arthur, cross the parc and you will reach St-Denis. If you like smoked meat, be sure to find Schwartz's on St-Laurent as the other member already suggested - don't forget the cherry coke!

i could go on forever..but one last thing...poutine! order a poutine (poo-tin) before you leave. you'll be making them when you get back home..i assure you!

have a great time, in the most beautiful city in Canada!