Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Crestliner J-hook covers? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174033)

Hook'n 12-27-2010 05:11 PM

Crestliner J-hook covers?

Looking for opinions on Crestliner's 'J-Hook Snapless Design' for their covers.

How long have Crestliner used this design, and how is it going to last in the long run?

Thanks

JKH 12-27-2010 05:46 PM

I believe they have been using them for 6 or 7 years. I like mine, no snaps to pull off the top, no snaps to get your fishing line caught on. You have a nice clean look to the side of the boat. I also believe that other manufacturers use a system that is close to what Crestliner uses. But I can't remember their names.

jalichty@bresnan.net 12-27-2010 10:27 PM

I was surprised at how well they work on the Crestliner we bought this spring. Don't know how long the cover will last, but at least for one year they worked quite well with no sign of wear at some of the obvious points.

balsl6 12-28-2010 05:25 AM

Great!

I have had mine for 4 years now and love it! I was very skeptical when I first got it and didn't think it would last. I believe it may actually outlast the snaps if used often.

Good Luck!

Capt'n Ron 12-28-2010 07:02 AM

Crestliner J-Hooks

I've had my cover since 05 and still working great!

tythepilot 12-28-2010 02:43 PM

No complaints on mine, easy to use and even at freeway speeds the cover doesnt move at all.

RUDE TROOPER 12-29-2010 05:11 PM

My 2nd Crestliner was bought this year. I purchased the Raptor. The only difference between this and my Fish Hawk is that the cover for the Raptor didn't come with the pole holder in the bow. This tends to cause the support pole to fall over and subsequently some of the cover becomes loose and falls out of the channel. Other than that the hooks do their job well. I will be purchasing the adaptor that goes into the canvas that holds the support pole to keep things tight and avoid this minor issue. The only negative I have with the Crestliner canvass is that the rain does get under the cover on the bow and makes things wet at times.

Hook'n 12-29-2010 08:46 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

We're looking at getting the Super Hawk 1700 in the spring for a bit of fishing and for family fun.

jalichty@bresnan.net 12-29-2010 10:35 PM

We bought the Superhawk 1900 and have enjoyed it very much. I am surprised that Rude Trooper didn't get a pole holder in the bow, should he have been putting the support pole in the seat post hole? I know on the Superhawk, the hole for the support pole is generated when we flip the bow seating over to make a casting deck. I wonder if his dealer forgot to show him what to do with the front of the boat?