Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pakashkan Lake lodge (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73923)

Knight 03-07-2005 08:44 PM

Pakashkan Lake lodge

Anyone have any good info on this lake goodor bad.

Thanks

brickhouse 03-08-2005 07:29 AM

RE: Pakashkan Lake lodge

I have been there the past two years in early July. We thought we would use it as a base camp and fish some of the area bush lakes we used to camp on. We never left the lake. We caught plenty of Walleye and Northern. The owner is a great guy and their prices are cheap.

Knight 03-09-2005 08:27 PM

Thanks Brickhouse for the reply.
Any size info on the northerns and eyes.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Knight 03-17-2005 10:20 AM

Any size on the northerns on opening weekend.

How is the road that leads to the lake?

thanks

Mercuryguy 03-17-2005 11:56 AM

Hi Knight,
You know who I am. The Graham road is faily good. You go about 22 miles on it untill the Pakashkan road and turn right for about 11 miles to Pakashkan Lodge. There are plenty of northerns in Pakashkan. We went in August and the largest we ever caught was 34 inches. If you continue up the Graham road for about another 22 miles you will come to North Alley lake. We went there 2 times and did very well on walleyes and caught a 41 inch northern. If you go there have proof you are staying at Pakashkan lodge in case a warden checks you cause you can only have 2 walleye and 2 northern in your possesion if you are not staying at a outfitter. If you eat 1 fish for shore lunch it counts as part of your daily possesion. If you are staying at Pakashkan and not camping you can have 4 northerns and 4 walleye. The boat landing at Allely is sandy and fairly steep so dont take a large boat as you may get stuck in the sand. The road is the same condition to Alley as it is to Pakashkan.

Brickhouse 03-17-2005 01:46 PM

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town.

Our biggest northern was 40 inches and we had a couple around 35". A group next to us caught 3 over 40 and kept one for the wall and released the others.

We caught hundreds of walleye, but our biggest was 27". We also had a 26" and a few around 24" or so. The resort owner will tell you where to find the best pike fishing. We just trolled the shorelines and islands for walleye and jigged when we found them. We used a lot of longer snells with hammered gold and silver for the best luck.

We were too late for reservations this year as we changed from a July to a June weekend. Let me know how you do!

[email]Jeff_brick@hotmail.com[/email]

Knight 03-18-2005 09:08 PM

I will let you know how we do. This is my first Canada trip and I am looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info.

wilderness man 07-12-2010 10:21 AM

I fished from this lodge

I fished from this lodge a couple years ago. The young guy that works there was obnoxious. We kind of figured he was on drugs.

The motor we rented only ran half the time.

No impressed at all.

lesakersrealtor@hotmail.com 08-15-2011 07:20 AM

Fisherman

My freind Jim and I go there about 3 times a year, and the fishing has always been great, Jim has been going up in the area for over 60 years. We fish about 9 different lakes in this area and this one is the one we like the best. Les

lesakersrealtor@hotmail.com 08-15-2011 07:39 AM

Fisherman

Anyone can have a bad day, or a bad trip, we have the pleasure to met the owner and his son, and most of all his help, they have been more then helpfull. This is one of the best Lodges and if you have any problem all you have to do is let them know and they take care of it. We have been there over 12 times at different times of the year, we were just there for the 4 th of July and perty much had the lake to our self, we cought a northern that was 45 in long and a walleye that was 29 1/2 in long. The people are freindly their guest are freindly, you can leave your gear in the boat and your cabin unlocked and there is no trouble. We are going back at the end of Aug for a week or more. So if you want to have a great time try this lake I think you will be Impressed. Les