Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Motors and Props (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Prop for Ranger 619FS with Verado 225 (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601594)

MissouriAngler 03-05-2017 06:11 AM

Prop for Ranger 619FS with Verado 225

Ordered this a few weeks ago so it will be awhile before it gets here. Ordered a 4 inch hydraulic jack plate too. Will be just 2 of us using the boat with a moderate load of gear and livewells in use. Looking for good hole shot and top end.
Do you think the jp will make a difference in which prop I get?

Hookjaw 03-05-2017 08:22 AM

I bought this same boat recently with a verado 225 also. I have not got it in the water yet because we are still Iced in, but all I can tell you is the boat came from Ranger with a 21 pitch Tempest Plus. What prop is coming with your boat? I am looking for hole shot and rough water handling more than top speed .

MissouriAngler 03-05-2017 04:45 PM

Will be awhile before I know. The Tempest Plus, Enertia, Enertia Eco all seem like good choices.

gravelcarp 03-12-2017 07:33 AM

I am curious as well, I've found some info around on how it performs with the Tempest 21. Seems pretty close to the right one, but RPM's weren't quite where they needed to be. I ordered a 20 Bravo LT to try, should know by end of month how it performs in comparison. My last boat, 1860, was night and day different with the Bravo XS as compared to the tempest. Hoping for similar results with the new boat and the v-rod.

06x6spdGTO 03-15-2017 08:35 PM

If it was me, 22p Bravo LT or 21p Bravo FS

wellpastcold 03-16-2017 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=06x6spdGTO;5400370]If it was me, 22p Bravo LT or 21p Bravo FS[/QUOTE]

X2. Not even a question.

gravelcarp 03-16-2017 12:43 AM

Data I went off of was a lightly loaded 619FS 225 v-rod at WOT, no kicker, half tank of fuel 21p tempest was only reaching 5800 rpm's.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmq0uqK8ak[/url]

Do you guys have any different data you could share to support what your saying? I know the Bravos run 1-1.5 pitch higher than the tempest to be equal in rpm's, however, you load the boat down with equipment, kicker, full tank, ect then take into effect that the 21 tempest isn't reaching ideal rpms at wot to begin with without a load.

A 19p tempest seems more realistic to get a baseline from. :huh:

Hope its close anyway.

Is the Bravo LT not as cupped as the Bravo FS? I agree That a 21 might be right on, just not sure on a 22..but with a jack plate possibly..

MissouriAngler 03-16-2017 06:48 AM

This is some great info. I have watched that video any number of times. :grin:

Question: When will I be asked (if at all) what prop I want on it? Is this mostly a dealer install thing or is the factory involved?

PJM 03-16-2017 08:37 AM

Missouri

A jack plate will make a difference on performance and it varies from boat to boat. The higher the motor runs on the boat the less drag and you will gain more speed, but the prop has to be right for the setup. Larger diameter props can run higher because they typically have more blade surface and run deeper in the water and the tempest is a larger diameter. If you look at the video the boat is running high out of the water and with that said, less boat in the water less drag. So the top end might be good with that prop but the hole shot might suffer a little. The 20p Bravo LT looks interesting from what I have read. It looks to have good bow lift and and being a four blade the hole shot might be better. But when it is said and done it is still a 57 to 60mph boat. On one more note the PVS system on Mercury props is great for adjusting the hold shot but you will need more rpm and speed to keep the boat on plane at lower speeds.

MissouriAngler 03-16-2017 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=PJM;5401402]Missouri

A jack plate will make a difference on performance and it varies from boat to boat. The higher the motor runs on the boat the less drag and you will gain more speed, but the prop has to be right for the setup. Larger diameter props can run higher because they typically have more blade surface and run deeper in the water and the tempest is a larger diameter. If you look at the video the boat is running high out of the water and with that said, less boat in the water less drag. So the top end might be good with that prop but the hole shot might suffer a little. The 20p Bravo LT looks interesting from what I have read. It looks to have good bow lift and and being a four blade the hole shot might be better. But when it is said and done it is still a 57 to 60mph boat. On one more note the PVS system on Mercury props is great for adjusting the hold shot but you will need more rpm and speed to keep the boat on plane at lower speeds.[/QUOTE]

Up until now I was only considering 3 blade props but it sounds like the newer 4 blade props aren't the compromise they normally would be. Would love a 60 mph boat but think that might be optimistic for the 225. Hope I am wrong. :grin: