Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting Dogs and dogs in general (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Good bye sweetheart (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193802)

T Mac 04-07-2012 01:18 PM

Good bye sweetheart

1 Attachment(s)
Beags... Her name is "Beags" because when she was born she looked like a Beagle in with a batch of Springers.
What a sweety. What a wonderful. loving, friend and hunting buddy, all these years.
I salute you, baby, and I have a hole in my heart.

She is being put down on Monday.(4-9)

She's 12 and a half and has survived some awful infections and even came back from a stroke... But, now she has contracted an extremely rare and exceptionally aggressive form of Lupus and it is killing her.

Good bye, sweetheart.
See ya next time around.

AllenW 04-07-2012 05:02 PM

My condolences T, after going through the same with three Springers and one German Shorthair I can feel your pain, it is like losing a member of the family.

May we meet them in the next life.

Al

Hot Runr Guy 04-07-2012 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear the news Ter, they sure do become a part of our lives, don't they?

HRG

wiredog 04-07-2012 09:12 PM

T Mac i have tears from reading this. That is by far the hardest thing i have ever had to do. I too feel your pain. Take care. Wiredog

Juls 04-07-2012 09:34 PM

So sorry, Terry. She looks like a sweetheart........I wish I had words to make it better, but there are no words that can...but, you know that already. :(

My condolences my friend.

Juls

LLewellin 04-08-2012 06:46 AM

Sorry to hear the news. We have one thats close to going also but having our new dog helps with the inevitable. Its really really tough when they have been such a huge parts of our families for so many years.

T Mac 04-08-2012 04:49 PM

Thanks, you guys.
Yeah...it sucks.
This is the the 6th ESS hunting buddy that I have outlived.
Her half sister (7 yrs younger) is still with us... and we are getting an 18 month old (rescue springer) at the end of the week.
Soon I'll be training the new recruit.

We'll heal, eventually, of course.

bigwalleye1 04-09-2012 05:32 PM

T Mac,
Sorry for your loss. Been there myself, so I know the pain. Let's face it, dogs to a "dog person" are nothing but kids in fur coats.
Keep the memories close to your heart, and she'll always be with you. Peace to you and your family.

rebs 04-10-2012 04:41 AM

T Mac
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, my condolences to you and your family.

Duckjunkie194 04-12-2012 05:37 PM

Ive been there a few times with my Labs, and it never gets easier. If the rescue dog doesnt help, puppies always seem to make it easier! Best of luck with the new one.