Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Walleye Fishing in California (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5380)

Backtroller 01-18-2001 01:19 PM

Walleye Fishing in California

Does anyone know if there is any walleye fishing in California and if so where? I have been asked to relocate from Minnesota to northern CA and am not sure I can give up the hunt for walleye.

Neal/CO 01-18-2001 01:26 PM

RE: Walleye Fishing in California

I think I remember reading once that CA and FL are the only two states in the lower 48 that have no walleyes. I know Oregon has some good fisheries.

Don 01-18-2001 01:27 PM

I'm not sure but don't forget your lantern and generator!!!!

tinboat 01-18-2001 01:41 PM

No walleyes in CA, they hardly know what they are, I got laughed out of a tackle shop once cause i was buying a bunch of shad raps on sale, the guy asked what i was gonna use them for, when i said walleyes....he said "who you think you are Babe Winkleman?" I replied "##### no, Im not Babe Winkleman, Im Gary Roach" so he says, "who's that"...about that time some bass guy says "so ya, ya gonna use som of dem jigs" "maybe ya wanna buy som of dem leeches", so i paid for my shad raps...2.00 apiece, i bout like 60 of them, and got the ##### out of there....

Stever 01-18-2001 01:46 PM

Backtroller,

My in-laws moved to southern CA over 5 years ago. Of course, they wanted us (my wife and I) to come with them (yea, like we can just pick up and leave). Now, they make an annual trip to come to my house every summer to go walleye fishing.

I think the only way I would move from Minnesota is if the relocation offered opportunity or a better lifestyle. Perhaps a 2-3 hour trip to Oregon won't be too bad though (depending on where you end up in northern CA). But whatever you decide, best of luck.

Best Regards,

Stever

Otter 01-18-2001 02:29 PM

Used to live in California. Zero walleyes. Bass, striped bass, trout, catfish, sturgeon and other freshwater fish, plus ocean critters, but no walleyes. That's one of the many reasons that I moved.

Otter 01-18-2001 02:35 PM

PS: Whatever you do, don't accept a job out there regardless of how high the salary is until you check out the real estate prices!

Gabby 01-18-2001 02:49 PM

tradin in the planer boards for surf boards

bluestorm 12-14-2014 01:01 PM

frosty Mug

i just seacher califorina have north pike and yellow perch in the freshwater

GBS 12-14-2014 05:33 PM

Based on my very limited camping trip there this past summer, and conversations with local fishermen - don't go. Many of the major trout streams have dried up or due to low water have overheated and killed all the fish. Ditto with most of the lakes, except some small ones in the high mountains. I met most of them in Montana, as they had abandoned California completely for fishing, and had to go elsewhere to find it!