Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournament Message Board (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Border Walleye Challenge (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162238)

10 Pound 02-15-2010 10:59 AM

Border Walleye Challenge

The 4th Annual Border Walleye Challenge on Big Stone Lake is now open to anyone who would like to signup! There is currently 49 teams registered. The tournament will be held in Ortonville, MN and will max out at 125 teams with an entry of $125 per team. This years tournament will be held on Saturday May 1st. Minnesota will be defending the title as South Dakota won the first two years! For more information and entry forms go to our new site at [url]www.bigstonewalleyeclub.com[/url]

PRIMETIME49 02-16-2010 06:03 AM

good to see a lower entry event $125. and especially like the photo of last years winners Father -Son

if people only would wake up and see the future of fishing depends on some tournaments like this that have levels of teams from these father- son ,to touring semi-pros ,and even pros fishing against each other more families would allow fishing to be an allowable past time.

every time another kid hears that somebody beat the others it creates something that turns up the number of active children fisher-persons

We have heard of this tournament and would recomend it to others fishing on a budget or for some good competition

good luck

do you always fill the 125 entries??

walleye fred 02-16-2010 05:42 PM

Take a close look at the father son team Deal is a profesional walleye fisherman. Have fished this tournament with son all three years he is now 13 cashed a check the first year fished the day after a blizzard the 2nd year and last year a major weather change from friday to sat but have always had a great time with him and all the other fisherman. Been fishing some tournaments for 20 yrs some big some small and the Walleye Club in ortonville puts on one of the best tournaments around. They even approached me the first year knowing that I would need somebody to help unload and load my boat they took care of it. Even if we never cash a check again to listen to a 10 yr old tell the fishermans truth about were and how we caught the fish ( he did well scott never had a clue) to seeing his face when he collected the check will be with me forever. Also watched the winners most of the day last year were pretty much the only boats in the area he and his boy showed what patients on a tough bite is congrates to them. Keep up the great work if you are looking for a great tournament this one is it Later Walleye Fred

arnie mn 02-17-2010 01:50 PM

Border Walley Challenge (BWC)

This tournament has filled every year, and usually has a waiting list. We've been blessed with a good turn out, great fisherman, and we work very hard to put on a very well run....very organized event for a $125 tournament. The profits go towards projects such as the resturation of the rearing ponds, youth events, military family fishing event, lets go fishing program, just to name a few of the more than 2 dozen projects our Walleye Club sponsors. A big thank you to all of the fisherman that have supported our tournament over the last few years, we look forward to another great tournament this year. We are almost half full already in just two weeks. If you are thinking about joining the tournament, I would get your entry in soon...it will fill.

And yes, what a neat experience to see a father and young son team win the tournament last year. It doesn't get any better than that. That was a memory of a lifetime for that young man!

Scott

Vikings Fan 02-17-2010 02:59 PM

Well It Was About Time

Not to mention the Minnesota anglers finaly stepping up to the plate and winning the Border Challenge! After two years of disappointing losses to South Dakota! Better get in this one!

10 Pound 02-22-2010 07:07 AM

59 Teams today. The Border Walleye Challenge will be wrapping up sponsorships this week. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact us at [url]www.bigstonewalleyeclub.com[/url]

brandonprasnicki 02-22-2010 12:09 PM

one of the best tournaments around

and you get to do it before inland opener!

PRIMETIME49 02-25-2010 09:23 PM

68 teams as of today

we are sending in 2 more teams from Minnesota.

would like to see 2 teams from South Dakota to match.

should be fun we didnt fish tournament in snow but did fish during not knowing tournament was being held.

always enjoyed fishing Big Stone and Traverse my moms relatives were all from around that area and we got to fish quite a bit ,more on Traverse as it seemed her Mom and Dad had a lot by Kaufmans and her aunts and uncles were scattered all the way down that shoreline[South Dakota people]and Big Stone in one corner.

maybe some rellys will enter a side wager,will tell mom to let them know.

any Gotfred Nelson rellys leave me message here if your in!