Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournament Message Board (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Which Pro-Am to fish (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132790)

Wanna Fish 01-04-2006 08:54 AM

Which Pro-Am to fish

I'm going to enter and fish a couple of events this year and I've been reading the posts about this subject on another site. There's been alot of talk about percentages that are to be paid back, and nobody talks about us Co-Anglers. I'm no math wizard but the way I figure it comes out like this.

On the PWT you fish 3 days,
It cost $450 to enter the PWT or $54,000 per event
they payback $29,250 per event which is 54% and all paid out in prizes at SRP.

On the FLW you fish 3 days with the chance of fishing the 4th day,
It cost $360 to enter the FLW which brings in $54,000 per event
they payback $49,600 per event which is 92% payed back in CASH plus a chance of going to the Championship and making more money.

If you figure in the payback for the FLW Championship it brings it up to your fishing for 122% payback. Co Anglers do not even get to fish the PWT Championship.

If you look at the numbers the Pro's are talking about how much they are getting back for what they put in. I feel that the Co-Anglers should look and go where it's the best for us instead of helping to fund the Pro's Purse on the PWT. Just my opinion, but the FLW sounds like the only way to go.

Wanna Fish 01-04-2006 08:54 AM

Which Pro-Am to fish

I'm going to enter and fish a couple of events this year and I've been reading the posts about this subject on another site. There's been alot of talk about percentages that are to be paid back, and nobody talks about us Co-Anglers. I'm no math wizard but the way I figure it comes out like this.

On the PWT you fish 3 days,
It cost $450 to enter the PWT or $54,000 per event
they payback $29,250 per event which is 54% and all paid out in prizes at SRP.

On the FLW you fish 3 days with the chance of fishing the 4th day,
It cost $360 to enter the FLW which brings in $54,000 per event
they payback $49,600 per event which is 92% payed back in CASH plus a chance of going to the Championship and making more money.

If you figure in the payback for the FLW Championship it brings it up to your fishing for 122% payback. Co Anglers do not even get to fish the PWT Championship.

If you look at the numbers the Pro's are talking about how much they are getting back for what they put in. I feel that the Co-Anglers should look and go where it's the best for us instead of helping to fund the Pro's Purse on the PWT. Just my opinion, but the FLW sounds like the only way to go.

Juls_OH 01-04-2006 09:56 AM

RE: Which Pro-Am to fish

It sounds like you answered your own question. ;)

Good luck and we'll see ya on the water!

Juls

Juls_OH 01-04-2006 09:56 AM

It sounds like you answered your own question. ;)

Good luck and we'll see ya on the water!

Juls

Vikings Fan 01-04-2006 08:07 PM

The way you have laid it out the FLW looks like the real deal and the PWT looks like the raw deal for Co-Anglers. Why is there such a large disparity?

Vikings Fan 01-04-2006 08:07 PM

The way you have laid it out the FLW looks like the real deal and the PWT looks like the raw deal for Co-Anglers. Why is there such a large disparity?

obvious 01-05-2006 07:30 AM

The PWT assigns a "lower value" to the am/co anglers. Offering "prizes"

Past Years 01-05-2006 07:46 AM

Obviously your right. I fished as an amatuer in the past on the PWT and one of the pros I was with was complaining that when they are short ams the pros paybacks were cut. That tells you where the am money goes and we only got prizes. This year I'm going to fish the FLW because they treat the co anglers better.

Wondering 01-09-2006 10:37 PM

How much of the PWT Amatuer entry fees goes to the PWT Pro payouts? Is this the same practice for the FLW Walleye Tour?

dogg 01-10-2006 09:50 PM

The FLW Co-Angler money stays with the FLW Co-Anglers plus the
FLW co-angler can qualify for the finals. The PWT doesn't give any money to co-angler instead you get prizes from sponsors.....I'd take the money over the prizes...