Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strictly Fishing (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is the best fishing show? (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137760)

karpbuster 02-10-2004 05:33 PM

What is the best fishing show?

I don't have cable or a dish...so I get zero in the way of fishing shows. As a kid I liked Harold Ensley's - Gone Fishn', and Virgil Ward's Champioship Fishing - mostly becasue that was it. What show(s) gives the fisherman something useful and informative and entertaining to watch. My brother with cable says he will tape them for me, I just need to tell him which ones, and I guess there is a bunch.

Thanks...

Karpbuster

pauleye55 02-10-2004 06:02 PM

RE: What is the best fishing show?

Here are the cream of the crop, rated on a scale from 1 to 10. Each show gives a little more insight into technique, conditions, and tackle.
Al Lindner's "Lindner's Angling Edge" = 10 - - Outdoor Life Network
Joe Bucher's "Fishing With Joe Bucher = 8 - - Fox Sports
Babe Winkleman's "Good Fishing" = 8 - - Outdoor Channel
I watch the others too, but to me these are the best for tips. Hope this helps down the road.

Box 02-10-2004 09:45 PM

Fishing the Midwest is very good, and a good hometown feel.

In-Fisherman, even without the Linders, is still high on my list.

There is one on Outdoor Channel, not sure of name, but something like North to Alaska, or something northern... It has a cool variety and beautiful scenery, but the video production is not all that great. Almost like an infomercial, but still the fish and scenery is worth it.

Have fun,
-Box

Voyageur II 02-11-2004 02:35 AM

Although the technical aspect may be lacking, you've got to appreciate 'fishing with Shelly and Courtney'. What a hoot!

Grungy 02-11-2004 07:38 AM

#1.Lindner's Angling edge
#2.In-Fisherman
#3.Real Fishing with Bob Izumi
#4.Babe Winkelman's Good Fishing
#5.Fishing with Joe Bucher

Otter 02-11-2004 08:43 AM

#1. Lindner's Angling Edge
#2. Fishing with Joe Bucher
#3. In-Fisherman, not as good as it used to be, but still worth watching.

Rob C. 02-11-2004 11:26 AM

Any days and times with those channels in the Cleveland viewing area. Thanks

Steve B 02-11-2004 02:16 PM

I've always liked In Fisherman- You always got to watch a variety of fishermen catching a variety of fish, instead of watching the same guy reel in a bass time after time, say "ooohhh son", then throw it back in the water.

Now, I can't seem to get In Fishermen, but I found Al Lindner hosting his own show (Angling Edge), complete with bible verses and the sign of Christianity incorporated into the shows logo. Don't get the impression that that bothers me, I'm a GOD fearing man.

I never really got the bass fishing shows. They're all the same. Throw out lure, reel in, set hook to the point that the boat nearly capsizes, claim it's a monster, kiss it on the head, and throw it back.

karpbuster 02-11-2004 04:47 PM

Steve B that is too funny...got to get that one just for a laugh. Especially the capsize the boat part, Ha intense!

Thanks to everyone, I will give my Brother a list of shows to record:

Linders Angling Edge
In Fisherman
Babe Winkerman
Bob Izumi
Joe Bucher

Thanks,

karpbuster

Toolman 02-12-2004 07:24 AM

Not too big on watching other people fish, but in the winter sometimes it's all there is going on.

A couple I can think of to add to Grungy's list are:
Strictly Fishing w/ Bob Masekacomber (sp?) Muskie-Pike guy
Mid-West Outdoors

Tim