Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where to Mount Charger- Mr. Pike (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191993)

greenhead01 03-05-2012 01:39 PM

Where to Mount Charger- Mr. Pike

Looking for advice on where to mount on board charger in 01 Mr Pike 16 if anyone has done it in this boat. So far Im thinking under the console, either forward bunk or to the side under controls. Thanks for any advice...........D

tugger 03-05-2012 03:38 PM

Are you running 12 or 24 volt TM?

BroadwayBill 03-05-2012 05:18 PM

Charger

Had mine in the front compartment attached to the console side. Had a cord run up in the console and a MarineCo charging plug on the bow side of the console.

Bill

rwl 03-05-2012 07:40 PM

My 2000 17' Mr pike is same as BroadwayBill. I mounted it in front large compartment, ran the cord into console with the marineco outlet. Cables down to both TM batteries and one to the starting battery, 3 bank charger.
I used the marineco plug that holds the cord so you pull the cord out of the front of console and added an outlet in the garage so i could just plug it in. Let me know if you want pictures, not sure what s all different on the 17'.

REW 03-05-2012 08:54 PM

If you don't want the charger to get bounced around or get wet, you can mount it on the wall of your garage; where there is plenty of room.

But I am sure that you have already considered that.

Take care
REW

Bobber Down 03-05-2012 09:55 PM

Unlike REW I will offer you real advise. I have an 02 16 ft Mr.Pike. I removed the tackle box and mounted it to the starboard side. If you drill a hole thru the bottom plate you can run the wires right down to the battery compartment, just be sure to use a grommet to protect the wires. It worked for me. Kurt

BroadwayBill 03-06-2012 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=REW;1403341]If you don't want the charger to get bounced around or get wet, you can mount it on the wall of your garage; where there is plenty of room.

But I am sure that you have already considered that.

Take care
REW[/QUOTE]

REW,

Kind of defeats the purpose of an [B]ONBOARD CHARGER[/B] doesn't it???:D

Bill

T Mac 03-06-2012 10:25 AM

If it is a Dual Pro ...about anyplace is Ok.
But many other brands do build some heat when in use...thus, they need to be mounted somewhere not enclosed. (like under the console).

fishs 03-07-2012 05:31 AM

Mine is under the console. here's what I like about it.
Always dry, stable ride, easy access. (just reach over the gunwale and plug it in), easy viewing of indicator lights, easy to run wires to batteries and I can keep the door open when charging for ventilation.

greenhead01 03-12-2012 07:54 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info guys!! Going to check out the tackle area on starboard side, but leaning towards under console so I dont take up any storage space. Its a dual pro so I dont expect problems any place I mount it....-D