Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Motors and Props (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New Mercury 115 Foustroke no tilt button on motor (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604778)

MLD 03-19-2017 07:56 AM

New Mercury 115 Foustroke no tilt button on motor

I just repowered my boat with a 2017 Mercury 115 fourstroke and there is no tilt button on the motor, any thoughts on how I can put the transom saver on by myself without being able to tilt the motor at the motor? Thanks!

Darrenf442 03-19-2017 08:44 AM

Huge pain in the butt, you may want to get a MY Wedge

On another forum guys were talking abut this and more and more are not using anything to support the engine. Just lowering it down so that the skeg is even with the bottom of the boat and leaving it there. They are claiming the Mercury has said you dont need one either and dealers are saying that as well.

I use one just for peace of mind

martinbns 03-19-2017 08:54 AM

I have the 2015 version which does have the switch on the side of the motor, if you are concerned why not just use the switch on the throttle?

Hot Runr Guy 03-19-2017 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just for kicks, look on about page 35 of your owners manual, for this mention of the auxiliary tilt switch.

HRG

rickn 03-19-2017 09:09 AM

On my 2016,it's on the left side of hood, near the front.

MLD 03-19-2017 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;5407346]just for kicks, look on about page 35 of your owners manual, for this mention of the auxiliary tilt switch.

HRG[/QUOTE]

I did look in the owner's manual and saw this although it didn't point out it's location, I finally took a good look at the motor this morning and found it. This switch is in a completely different spot than on my last motor. My problem started when the dumba** dealer told me there wasn't a trim switch on the motor and I posted this before I took a good look at it. Anyway, thanks for the replies, problem solved.

Bobby Winds 03-19-2017 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;5407346]just for kicks, look on about page 35 of your owners manual, for this mention of the auxiliary tilt switch.

HRG[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

KPKyllo 03-19-2017 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=MLD;5407538]I did look in the owner's manual and saw this although it didn't point out it's location, I finally took a good look at the motor this morning and found it. This switch is in a completely different spot than on my last motor. My problem started when the dumba** dealer told me there wasn't a trim switch on the motor and I posted this before I took a good look at it. Anyway, thanks for the replies, problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Talking about your dealer that way shows a lot of class. You can't read the manual?

Fishawk1975 03-19-2017 05:53 PM

In his defense the dealer should know everything about that boat he sold .

Kevin23 03-19-2017 07:51 PM

An authorized merc dealer told you there was no tilt switch? That ain't good. I could see maybe if it was say an evinrude dealer that got the motor on a boat trade but I can't understand why a merc salesman wouldn't know about it...

Wait, didn't the salesman sit down with you and go through the manual page by page? my dealer did that and said he was required to by his merc contract.