Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Three in the morning sounds (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193342)

Pooch 03-31-2012 02:48 AM

Three in the morning sounds

It's just after three in the morning and my wife and I were just woke up by a long mournful howl. This was not a coyote! We have coyotes calling every night so I know what a coyote sounds like and trust me this was no coyote!!!

I've heard this howl in Canada and like I just said this was no coyote. Too deep and "throaty" for a coyote. There is little doubt in my mind that I just heard my first Central Illinois wolf.

We live on our farm out in the country so any unusual sound brings me right out of a dead sleep. I think my nights sleep is over.

Gary P

jerr unlogged 03-31-2012 06:53 AM

sleepus interruptus

Nothing brings me straight up in bed faster than a couple of raccons discussing their personal attributes. Between them and a couple of the neighbors cats doing a serenade I get the chance to watch an extra bit of late nite tv. Foxes in the spring are also great sleep deterrants- - jerr

SGPopp 03-31-2012 07:17 AM

Could be a Sasquatch. I've seen that Finding Bigfoot show and they seems pretty convinced they exist.

I think a wolf is a better answer.

UFCreel 03-31-2012 08:08 AM

Chupacabra?

gee whiz 03-31-2012 08:46 AM

Gun shots

When I hear a couple of bangs around 3 AM keeps me wide awake for awhile..quite awhile actually..

seeds 03-31-2012 10:06 AM

I've read that there've been wolves documented in Il that migrated from WI...,.A neighbor of mine hit and killed a wolf in I94 between Milwaukee and Madison. WI DNR verified the animal as a wolf.

It's not much of a stretch to think you may have heard one. He won't stay long.

rrrrrrRon 03-31-2012 11:06 AM

I heard that a group of werewolves had emigrated from Transylvania to Illinois. :howdy:

Pooch 03-31-2012 12:37 PM

Werewolves... huh. Wonder if I need a habitat stamp from the DNR for them. They could be out of season at the moment.

One of the guys near the CAT proving grounds south of us ten miles swears there is a pair down there. He just told me that this morning.

Pooch

SGPopp 03-31-2012 01:02 PM

[quote=seeds;1414317]I've read that there've been wolves documented in Il that migrated from WI...,.A neighbor of mine hit and killed a wolf in I94 between Milwaukee and Madison. WI DNR verified the animal as a wolf.

It's not much of a stretch to think you may have heard one. [B][SIZE=4]He won't stay long[/SIZE][/B].[/quote]

That's funny....

Wego 03-31-2012 03:18 PM

Call the nearest zoo and ask for a head count in the wolf pen. Could be a lone male looking for a mate, 500 miles of travel is nothing for them.