Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ranger 17.5 tiller coming! (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189358)

ozarkeyes 01-07-2012 03:43 PM

Ranger 17.5 tiller coming!

Tuned into the Live NPAA Conference this morning in time to hear Ranger Boats officially announce that a 17.5 tiller is in the works, will be rated for 75hp, but the hull design will allow you run a 60hp without loss of performance. It is built on the original 681 hull design. And pricing to come in well under a $30,000 price tag.

Since their announcing it now, it most likely will be available for 2013 model year coming in July. This confirms what Randy Hopper told me this past August.

I thought the folks looking for a 17.5 glass tiller will get excited about this news, so they can begin their new boat buying plans.

And THANK YOU Scott for doing the Live Streaming of the NPAA. Hopefully other events can be done, to allow those who can not travel to a place far and wide, but yet benefit from the information that we would miss otherwise.

KSauers 01-07-2012 04:25 PM

That's very interesting. I hope the beam is about 90 to 94 inches. Can't wait to hear more. 681 hull,I guess I'll have to search it.

Please don't tell me it's only going to have an 80 " beam

tiller dude 01-07-2012 05:40 PM

cool

I have been waiting for this day. Is there anywhere else this news is presented? I would hate to get my hopes up too high, but there have been solid rumors for awhile. This is such a fish-able size, and easy to live with storage, tailering etc....Lund, Alumacraft etc have them. As do Skeeter, Yarcraft etc. I'm a Ranger guy and just like the overall design of their boats better. Finally :-)

esoxjunkie 01-08-2012 08:35 AM

long overdue

Can't wait to see this boat! For years Tuffy, Yar-Craft and Warrior had 17' glass tiller offerings, and recently Skeeter jumped into the mix. Ranger hasn't built one since the 617T was discontinued in 2002. The new (671T?) should be a very good seller.

Buck Snort 01-08-2012 10:57 AM

I'm not sure why they got rid of the one they had. It was a great tiller.

Mak51 01-08-2012 11:14 AM

I think this would be a great boat and smart play on Ranger's part. I have an old 680t and know people with 681tillers and they are excellent rigs that can fish everything small to big water. My only complaint with these boats is their HP rating is under-rated and their speed performance is lacking. If I could legally slap a 75hp on my boat I'd be one happy guy when running from Big Bay to Niles Bay on Vermilion :)

With a slower economy and people more conscious of expenses, having a boat this size that is economical to operate could be a winner. If they keep the weight down and make it safely towable with a v6 SUV/crossover that would be another plus. Have a layout where people can cast in the front and back and you'll make the musky/bass guys happy. Keep the price point competitive with aluminum brands and they could probably take some market share.

Now if they would only introduce a new version of the 681vs!!

BW 01-08-2012 12:06 PM

The 618VS was basically the updated version of a 681. They stopped making them last year. Most likely because the 1860 comes in a single consolve version now I imagine. I will be interested to see this new tiller!!! The 618T is getting to be pretty spendy these days for a tiller with a 90hp motor.

Hot Runr Guy 01-08-2012 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=esoxjunkie;1380338] The new (671T?) should be a very good seller.[/QUOTE]

today's 618T is 18', the 620T is 20', so I'll put my money on it will be called a 617T.

HRG

I Walleye 01-08-2012 06:57 PM

It's called a 175T Angler, it will weigh in at 1000lbs,
has an 86" beam
20" transom
75HP max but will work well with a 60
50" livewell that will take bait buckets/bags
rod locker will take 8' rods
has many built in cupholders, including one up on the bow
snap in carpet,
The first one built will be at the Northwest Sports Show in MPLS in March.
standard electronics are a Lowrance Mark 5X
Retail price for theis boat is expected to come in at $27K with a 75 Etec.

Since this boat is in the Angler family, it will be available in all of the angler color combos/custom colors.

It's not my bag of tea, but I think they are going to sell quite a few of these boatss

TommyB 01-08-2012 07:02 PM

This was the information I got from the prostaff meeting at Frankie's in Chisago city. The information was provided by George Liddle.
Disclaimer:
These were my notes taken.
17 6 86wide 75 horse rated will work with a 60 20inch transom. Snap in carpet on deck and floor. Gas tank in the front batteries in the back of the boat.*
25000 with 60 HP
27000 with 75 HP
Includes HDS5
No troll motor