Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members Fishing Reports (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pymatuning fishing report (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63509)

FishHawk 07-10-2004 09:09 PM

Pymatuning fishing report

My Dad and I fished from approximately 8:00 am until 2:00pm. Caught 10 walleyes, my best day of the year for bigger fish. We caught (5) fish over 20" the biggest being 23". (3) fish at 19", one 18" fish and 16-1/2". Had one throwback that was right at 15". (2) crappies surprisingly the one crappie had eggs.

Fished in 15'-18' of water using leadcore w/ black and silver hot-n-tots and chartruese topped silver bottom hot-n-tots. We would of had are limit, but my motor was running a little rough and I did not want to chance it so we departed. Hope this helps a fellow angler.

Stiker 07-11-2004 07:17 AM

RE: Pymatuning fishing report

FishHawk I hope you don't mine me asking but what size hot-n-tots were you using. I think I'm going to start fishing Pymatuning again I've been fishing Mosquito alot with not much luck. Thanks

TMK1 07-11-2004 07:53 AM

FishHawk
Good job on the eyes. To answer your question from a prior post, all of the fish I've been catching at Pymy have been in deep water 18-20ft. Towards the end of last summer, I started getting fish on hot'n tots with fireline in around 12ft.

Stiker
I fish Mosquito a lot, and as similar as the lake is to Pymy, I fish them totally different. I can't even remember catching a walleye at Mosquito in deeper than 10ft of water after late June. I've caught channel cats in deep water, but not eyes. Try jigs and leeches in the weeds. At Pymy I use the smaller sized (3/16oz).

I'm hoping to get out to Pymy this evening. The walleye there are much better sized than the ones from Mosquito.

Stiker 07-11-2004 09:55 AM

Thanks TMK1 for the info. I think your right on as far as catching the eyes at Mosquito in the weeds. I'm going to try my luck on Pymatuning hopefully I can find a decent campground area to camp, and park my boat, then I'll spend a about a week fishing. Thanks again.

rapman 07-11-2004 12:31 PM

if you guys get a chance, stop in and see lenny at haines livery. heard that he had quite a day last week........rap

FishHawk 07-11-2004 07:11 PM

I also use the smaller (3/16 oz.)hot-n-tots such as TMK. The Chartruese topped hot-n-tots were really bangin the fish saturday. I do believe that you can still catch some eyes in the weeds at Pymy cause I have in the past, but the weeds are choked so thick you would probably have to fish the edges or pockets. Stiker keep us posted on your results after the week of fishing. It's amazing as life goes on and you become a more versatile fisherman how you can really extend the fishing season.

FishHawk 07-11-2004 07:11 PM

I also use the smaller (3/16 oz.)hot-n-tots such as TMK. The Chartruese topped hot-n-tots were really bangin the fish saturday. I do believe that you can still catch some eyes in the weeds at Pymy cause I have in the past, but the weeds are choked so thick you would probably have to fish the edges or pockets. Stiker keep us posted on your results after the week of fishing. It's amazing as life goes on and you become a more versatile fisherman how you can really extend the fishing season.

Steely123 07-12-2004 05:18 AM

Hi guys-
Never posted here before. BUT...

I thank everyone for their Pymy/Squito reports. I pay attention
to them religiously.

Anyway. This weekend is the last weekend I lazy out on myself. I am taking the boat out to Pymy next weekend.

One two-part question: where I can I get a spool or two of lead-core and how do I rig to a tot ?...mono leader ?...do you tie leadcore to the reel ?..can you use a spinning-reel for this setup ?...

OR...

Should I just troll with mono....?

AND...anyone getting them jigging minnow/crawler/twister combos in deep water ?...

Guess that is a little more than a one two-part question huh ?...
Again, thanks for all the reports.
Steely123(guest)

FishHawk 07-12-2004 10:22 AM

try this out.

[url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=14&page=3[/url]

Stiker 07-12-2004 02:32 PM

OK FishHawk I'll make sure to post when I get back. Thanks for the info guys.