Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Governor signs bill allowing homeowners to shoot intruders! (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188436)

JLDII 12-07-2011 05:35 PM

Governor signs bill allowing homeowners to shoot intruders!

Its sad it came to this....but its a good thing to finally have.

[url]http://www.fox11online.com//dpp/news/wisconsin/gov-signs-bill-allowing-homeowners-to-kill-intruders#.Tt_9Kmvv7o5.facebook[/url]

walleyesmoker150 12-07-2011 05:43 PM

wisconsin bill

Time to move to Wisconsin !

AllenW 12-07-2011 07:40 PM

You know what happens when a thread goes political fwiw

A person ought to be able to defend himself, family and his home with out fear of repercussions, should be country wide imho.

Al

REW 12-07-2011 08:02 PM

As is always the case with this situation, be sure to keep shooting - once you start - until the person breaking in is completely 100% dead.

If not, they will come back, sue the homeowner and win.

If you are not prepared to KILL someone that breaks into your house, don't have a loaded gun in the house.

How many folks out there who have a conceal carry permit are ready to kill someone if they are approached by someone with intent to hurt??

If not, don't carry.

REW

Phil T 12-07-2011 09:14 PM

1. Don't shoot to defend property, only to defend people.
2. Any shooting, even legal, will involve about $30,000 in legal expenses. That kind of makes the big screen tv less valuable, doesn't it?

JLDII 12-07-2011 09:45 PM

I grew up in SC and the law was very clear...as long as there was forced entry, the bullet entered the victims body in the front, and he droped dead inside the front door step...it was perfectly justifiable.

Neighbor 12-07-2011 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=REW;1371403]As is always the case with this situation, be sure to keep shooting - once you start - until the person breaking in is completely 100% dead. [/QUOTE]
Even when it's the neighbor's kid who had too much to drink and stumbled into the wrong house?

I always love the internet discussions on the castle doctrine. Shoot first, ask questions later and other chest thumping theatrics from people who don't know the emotional turmoil that goes along with taking another person's life, thieve or not. I'm sure a lot of other soldier's on this forum know exactly what I'm talking about.

Now, don't take my comments the wrong way, I, like many others, will defend the safety of my family at all costs. However, killing someone will always be the last resort.

teamlund 12-08-2011 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=Neighbor;1371434]Even when it's the neighbor's kid who had too much to drink and stumbled into the wrong house?

I always love the internet discussions on the castle doctrine. Shoot first, ask questions later and other chest thumping theatrics from people who don't know the emotional turmoil that goes along with taking another person's life, thieve or not. I'm sure a lot of other soldier's on this forum know exactly what I'm talking about.

Now, don't take my comments the wrong way, I, like many others, will defend the safety of my family at all costs. However, killing someone will always be the last resort.[/quote]

I would rather ask questions later instead of plan a funeral later for family...

AllenW 12-08-2011 06:41 AM

I'd take some comments on self defense from a forum with maybe a grain of salt imho.

Those that actually do get involved in defending them self, family, whatever should take at least one good course on who, what, where and why you can or can't use that weapon.

The Castle Doctrine is not a open invite to start shooting anybody that walks through your door...once again imho.

If I was giving any thought to start using a weapon in defense of my self or family I'd go take a good self defense course, the NRA has several great ones btw, maybe join them if you haven't already.

Al

doubleheader 12-08-2011 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Neighbor;1371434]Even when it's the neighbor's kid who had too much to drink and stumbled into the wrong house?

Now, don't take my comments the wrong way, I, like many others, will defend the safety of my family at all costs. However, killing someone will always be the last resort.[/QUOTE]

I am a staunch supporter of the castle doctrine and I am in total agreement with the above. Taking someone's life is never to be taken lightly, no one escapes the aftermath. Having a gun in the house should not be the plan of action, it should be the plan of last resort.