Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - pork butt bone-can I give it to the dog?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetspet.ind View Post
boy, what a potpourri of replies....no bone is safe for your dog to eat..period...statistically, more dogs die from steak and pork bones than chicken bones....and yes, many people feed all these bones to their dogs frequently w//o problems...but if they worked at an animal hospital for any period of time, they would very quickly find out how dangerous this can be...they are not good for teeth, they injure teeth, any bone that splinters can do all sorts of problems...often life-threatening....let that bone get stuck in the esophagus and you have a major problem that most vets are not equipped to handle...they can perforate any section of bowel and that can be major .....they can pile up in the colon/rectum and boy, those are really fun enemas!....almost lost many dogs because of the large number of bones stuck back there...and i can only get so many out each session(dog under anesthesia)....you should see em bleed when i have session #2 and occassionally session #3...steve
thats good enough for me, no bones for my dogs

Rebs