Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Stabul Gas Stabilizer?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 04:35 AM
Tom PP

Default RE: Stabul Gas Stabilizer?

I don't get very much hour time on the lakes since my little one was born. If I fish, I go to a small local lake. I run Sea Foam every tankful. Since you have a 4 stroke, I will copy part of a post that I posted in" Is fogging absolutely necessary?" You can take it anyway you want, for or against Staibil seeing they reformulated it. You can get Sea Foam at Home Depot if no one else sells it in your area.

A couple of years ago I talked to a guy at a large Minnesota dealer (Hallberg Marine). He said they have their own gas testing kit and had better luck with Sea Foam keeping the gas fresher. They had problems with Stabil gelling up in the 4 stroke carbs. They had no problems with Stabil in 2 stroke carbs with their bigger jets and bigger metering passageways. I talked to this guy I would say about 3 years ago and Stabil has totally reformulated their product since talking to him, because of that very issue I think.