Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Replacing dual console with full windshield on Lund 2008 Pro-V
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagostino View Post
Thanks for the reply. The boats at the dealer getting a Pro-Kicker added. They are going to call Lund and get the list of parts needed, then I'll have a better idea of the cost.

Regarding selling this boat and buying another.....I've thought about it. Even if I shell out $3500 - $4000 for this conversion, its still cheaper than buying another boat.

Regarding the warranty, its likely only the console caps need to be replaced, so I don't know that warranty would be an issue.

Either way, with the money spent on the kicker, I'll not likely pursue this conversion this season.

Thanks!
I hope your dealer comes through for you, but I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed with Lund's response.

As for buying and selling, I'd be really surprised if an additional $3500-4000 doesn't buy you the same year range and model boat with roughly the same options, only with a full windshield. I know that's in the ballpark (actually on the high side) for the price difference I came up with when I considered doing the switch - in the end I didn't think the windshield and was worth $2-4000 and the hassle. Depending on what you ultimately want in a boat, you could probably have a boat with a windshield in your driveway and put some money in your pocket at the same time.

Waxy