Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - FLW Red Wing
Thread: FLW Red Wing
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Lane

Default RE: FLW Red Wing

That is so sad it almost funny. I would love to have been the game warden waiting at the weigh for those fish to come in. I can just see it know some guy strutting around making a big seen for himself while he's waiting to weigh in, chest all puffed out, then he goes up on stage and they weigh in his fish and then the game warden goes right up there and arrests him right in front of everybody. That would have to be the wardens best day at work ever. The warden probably had his wife there so he could get some pictures with his "catch".

I have heard stories over the years of guys having fish tied up and then weighing them in during a tournament but always thought they were more of "fishing myth" or the stories of guys stuffing there fish with lead weights. I am not sure if this is the kind of cheating that Jest was talking about, but when I hear of cheating in a tournament I always think of guys culling and trying to stretch there fish.

I might think a little differn't then some other tournament guys but I think that the guys who follow other people (tailpipers) in tournaments are just as bad as cheaters. I hate it when anglers let others do there prefishing for them. They are to lazy to do there own home work so they just pick a boat that has done well in other events and go where they go. While they are not breaking the law they are still going to weigh in fish that they didn't earn and they are taking away from the angler that went out there and spent the time and money to figure things out. (Sorry for the rant I kind of got going there and I know with you and alot of poeple on this site that I am preaching to the choir, but I am enjoying this discussion)