Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Questions Re: Onaman
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Keeper

You can't take your personal boat into Onaman. It is either portage in or fly in. I have many trips into Onaman and it has to rate as one of the best lakes for walleye that I have ever fished. The road going to Onaman is the Camp 40 road and as said before it can be quite rough at times. I have seen $100,000 motor homes in the parking area though so they weren't too worried about dings. Most of the local resorts have a few boats on the lake. They are restricted to the number that they can have per resort. Bauers Onaman Lake Resort has the fly-in on Picnic Island for about $900.00 per person. Time of the year don't seem to matter, just find them. I have fished the lake June, July, August, and Sept. and always caught big numbers. Pike are big in Onaman but the walleye fishing is so good it is hard to not target them. My biggest pike on Onaman caught and released about 18lb. biggest Walleye caught and released about 7.5 lbs. Average walleye are pretty stout running 19 inches or better. Lots of rocks, lots of islands, lots of weeds, lots of eyes.Mike... My Dad and I hauled an old flat bottom boat with a 8hp. motor for years fished waters others only dreamed about. I still have the old boat and motor. My first trip to that area was in 1983 with that boat. Also there is gas in Jelicoe.

Last edited by eyemike; 12-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.