Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Structure Scan vs Down Scan, Side by Side
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Wallhanger

Since WC forum rules don't allow me to post links to other competitor forums here is his direct quote from his post the other website:

Quote: "It was my first day out with the new software by Humminbird, and you are probably quite right - maybe I'm not running it at it's optimum. Hopefully time on the water will get me up to scratch with this new upgrade." Unquote

By the way, I run both Lowrance and Humminbird products which both have strengths and weaknesses however I do know that a unit which breaks down often due to quality issues, has poor customer service and is not replaced by the manufacturer promptly upon failure will seldom come out a winner. It does appear he is familiar with HB units but might be unfamiliar with the settings, etc of the new software. Other down imaging examples I've seen from other guys running and testing HB down imaging show much better quality of images and they have much more time on the water using the technology.

Last edited by Tim Ellis; 01-16-2010 at 02:56 PM.