Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Power Tilt and Trim problems - help please
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Power Tilt and Trim problems - help please

Since it will not work from either switch I would strongly suspect a loose ground. This same thing happened to me in a tournament. We had run to a spot, trimmed up the motor to get it out of the water a little. We went to run to another spot and the trim would not work from the bow panel, throttle, or motor switch. We ended up starting the motor, holding in the switch in the down position and throttled up the engine. The prop caught and forced the motor down (I don't know how, but it worked :-)). Anyway, when we got the boat on the trailer we had to undo the pressure relief and manually lift the motor. My buddy took the boat to his mechanic and he said it was only a loose ground on the motor. He tightened it up and it has been fine for 5 years since. Hope your problem is this simple. Maybe someone here will know where the ground is located...because I don't.

Best Regards,

FJH