Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Warrior 1890 value/performance?????
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrink View Post
What you need to understand about this boat is that no matter what you do to/with it, you aren't going to have a speed boat. Mine cruises 30mph @ 5k rpm and it's comfortable there. Yes, it does have the power steering. What you're looking at is a boat that's best suited to dancing (backwards) around a stump, rock, or some other abnormality on the bottom. Personally, I thiink my f115 is too big for the boat. I can only troll it down to maybe 1.8mph on a backtroll and maybe 2.3 on a good day fwd. Please know that there's a ton of variables (wind, current,etc) that are involved. I quoted a wot speed of somewhere around 40mph (gps) but that was with a 3 blade stainless prop. I don't like stainless props,who needs $300 stainless prop to backtroll @ 1.5 mph? I run a 4 blade aluminum that has been many times "tweaked" to make it do what I want. If you're looking for a "fishing boat", then this is your boat, if not. like I said- - -keep looking - -- - jerr

I'm not so worried about the motor performace (speed) wise. I do fish the biggest lakes in MN so it has to be able to get to any part of a lake like Mille Lacs but I'm not exepcting to get there at 65 mph like in my bass boat. I'm worried about the motor starting like crap, ideling poor, and smoking like a bandit! Also not having enough low end power to get 3 guys on plane on a rough day.

I'll see if the boat sits there for a while and maybe if it does I'll throw them a low ball offer that is good enough I can afford to ditch the motor in the future.