Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Entry into Canada update
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Slot Fish

OK, my turn to comment. I have read the bulletin backward and forward, to me it is clear that this is a one time thing. If you want to get into Canada again, you will have to go through the normal process of showing them you are rehabilitated etc, pay the fee, and then you will be set for all future entries. I did the paperwork for one of my fishing buddies a few years ago, not bad at all, and, it only took a few months to get an answer back. My son in law also got turned back when we tried to cross a few years ago and he had his taken care of by submitting the paperwork, fees etc, in less than a month.

I may be wrong on this, but as I recall or understood it it, it is a felony conviction that keeps you from going in and that DWI/DUI in Canada is a felony. They do not want convicted felons in their country anymore than we want them in ours. If you are rehabilitated, then great, fill out the paperwork and you wont have to worry about it anymore. Just take it as another payment from a mistake you had in the past. Do the Crime, do the time.

Now, if they will just stop hassleing us if our boats drift across the invisible border and we havent called in, that would be great...although I called in at least twice a week from June to October and it never took longer than a five minute phone call.