Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Best Pike fishing time of day
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Keeper

Default Best Pike fishing time of day

Just curious what others have experinced as far as the best time of day for Pike. The thread about routine got me thinking. When's the most consistant time for the big pike?

In my experience it seems there are a lot of definite shifts on the pike population. Meaning small hammer handles eat for a while than the little ones dissapear and you start to hold on to your rod a little tighter becuase there may be something else moving into your area with an agenda .

Now, how that relates to the time of day I'm not sure. There are so many variables it's hard to say although I've noticed going through pictures A lot of nice fish are caught during low light hours (early/late day). Infact the biggest fish of our last fish was caught on the last night, incedentaly, we stayed out a little later trying to bleed out the last of the trip (Had to beg her with a fly rod but, got her in the boat non-the-less.) Other trips the first night out has been really good. Again since we're fresh we stay out a little later.

So when anylizing my canda routine (going July 29th for a week), should I put more emphasis on twilight fishing?

FYI I spend 95% of my time up there chasing big Jack. So walleye time isn't that important to me.