Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Terrova/Ram Mount
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassin08 View Post
I called Minn Kota today to ask about adding a Ram mount. I was told that they has done extensive testing with these motors and if a support is needed it is incorporated with the motor when you buy it. They told me for sure that I don't need it with a 54" shaft.

I hope this information helps us all. Thanks for all of your input.
I understand and have heard this statement directly from Minn kota at a sports show. I never had supports for my trolling motors on past boats until my new Ranger 620FS. I now have a Motorguide i5 with a 60 inch shaft. Although my dealer said that it didn't need any further support, I got nervous seeing the head bounce in rough water to the point of almost hitting the top of my gunnel sometimes. The RAM ended that problem and visually it seems more solid. Admittedly sometimes a little reassurance goes a long way and in the grand scheme of things didn't cost much to feel good about seemingly protecting my investment.