Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - Hours on your Yamaha 4 stroke ?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullhead View Post
I'm looking at an '05 Pro V 1775 w/ '05 Yamaha F75 VTS on the back. Owners states appx 525 hrs on the outboard. This works out to appx 90 hrs per year. I don't have any doubt this motor has a lot of life left in it.

I've never had an hour meter on an outboard - and have always figured my outboards didn't have many hours on them. In reality they probably did - it seems they rack up more quickly than a person thinks. This being said - how many hours is A LOT of hours on a 4 stroke outboard ? Anyone running this motor out there with XXXX hrs on it ?

How many hours are on your Yamaha 4 stroke ?

I'm trying to determine if the asking price is in line relative to the hours on the motor.
I would think that 90 hrs per year is not to bad but to be sure I would want to take it to the dealer and have them tell me how many hours not the owner but I can understand how that can be kind of difficult to question the sellers integrity also.