Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - View Single Post - trailer pulls hard
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Nosebleed,
Here's an experiment worth trying. Since you have disc brakes, you should have a reverse-lockout solenoid, probably on the back of the actuator. This is powered by the reverse lights, to prevent braking when backing-up. If you have a 4-pin flat adaptor for your truck, use that, and make a terminal that will plug into the 5th (blue?) pin on the trailer plug. Power it up via the cigarette ligther or some 12V DC source, once you make sure the actuator is pulled forward completely, and try a downhill test without brakes at all.

Keeping the reverse-lockout solenoid powered all the time will prevent the brakes from actuating. Maybe this test will help isolate if it's a rolling resistance problem, or the brakes dragging.

HRG
If you have the flat 4 adaptor, just take it off, Use the straight flat 4 connector and plug it in backwords of how it should be. Turn your headlights on and the reverse lockout is now being powered by your running lights.

I cant count how many times i've ran down the highway @ 65 with my reverse lights on my trailer on.

Not good for the lockout solenoid though im sure....